Four tires, Two tires, No tires

H

HardScrabble

Did it really make much difference at the finish today?

Aside from track position obviously. Would Rusty have been faster on four tires than the two he took?

Was Bill faster on four than he would have been on two. Had he taken no tires could anyone have passed him?

IMHO, it made no difference at all, except in getting track position. But NBC didn't show enough lap times for me to be sure and I don't subscribe to Racecast. Maybe someone here was tracking lap times and can say for sure.

Well I would say that 2 tires did help very much with the track postition. And once you had it, if you had a good car like rusty did you could hold your postion, and in Rusty's case almost won the race. I was very upset when I saw Bill take 4. It nearly cost him the race, when he could have won anyway with just 2.

I wasn't paying that much attention to times, but it did appear that the two tire stops to try to gain track position didn't work as hoped.

Jeff Gordon did it last year and won, but this year Bill won on 4, Rusty 2nd on 2.

I Think bill taking 4 tires was a smart move. he had the best car out there and only made it better with 4 fresh tires. others taking 2 were only hoping they could hold him off.:beerchug: :beerchug:

Four tires was a good call. I thought so when they made the move also. If they took 2, I imagine the results would be the same, but we never know.

Back
Top Bottom