FOX “Crank It Up Question”

19USMC69

Team Owner
I’ve always wondered if this was just to give the announcers a break. Maybe a trip to the bathroom?

I don't think so. They can do that during commercial breaks, which are usually much longer than the "Crank It Up" segment.

I don't know about them but it does give me a chance to drain the python.

I’ve always wondered if this was just to give the announcers a break. Maybe a trip to the bathroom?
I recall they originally opened it by encouraging folks who got 'new surround sound systems for Christmas' to CIU. I don't like it because the camera angles chosen do a crummy job of showing the race.

DW did the same to Jr. but nothing like the truck crew and their love Jones for KDB. So glad they have four races in a row now. They will have to talk about the full time drivers now.

I thought originally it was just the sound of the cars, now its spotter talk.

Any reason to listen high horsepower motors doing what that do is ok with me. They should do it on every restart.

Crank it up sucks this year I don't like the sound of a neutered track mill @ 550hp.

Anyone can now buy a 550 + hp ride off the showroom floor & use it as a grocery getter.
Heck, my short track mills made 650hp in the 80's.

IMHO NASCAR is taking the path USAC went down when they choked the Granatelli turbine car.
Less is not more in my world.

I miss the deafening starts @ Daytona & Dega before plates.

Back
Top Bottom