Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESPN,TNN,TBS

• Dont care

• Total voters
P

pettyfan4life

the DW and Michale Waltrip show or the Nbc people.

I am just tired of DW,and his back,and forth opinions.The change will be nice,I recall people calling N B C The Nascar Buisnes Channel.Benny Partial Parsons will at least stay with one favorite,and that will be the Hendricks cars,Mostly Gordon. There will never be a crew like the guys at ESPN.Maybe I was partial to them.:rolleyes:

I don't really care who has the races just as long as NASCAR is on TV.

Originally posted by LooneyToonRacer
I don't really care who has the races just as long as NASCAR is on TV.

That is the bottom line looney.

I have been waiting sense febuary for this!

I like Benny!

:leap:

:leap:

From a newer person to the sport (about 3 years), I really like the FOX coverage better.

I like Waltrip as a personality on the show but have not seen enough of the old races to develop a negative opinion of him. But from reading some of Paul's posts in other threads, maybe I need to watch more of the old races on the Speed Channel.

The rain delay coverage is really entertaining for those new to racing. It really is cool getting to know the drivers off the track in their interviews.

NBC just rubbed me the wrong way last season, but I am all for giving it another chance. Besides, I am addicted and would watch a race on the WE channel if I had to!

I definately like ESPN better than FOX and NBC, but Fox does a better job in my opinion. Darrel Waltrip does a great job in the booth, even though he talks about his brother half the time. I was angry at FOX on saturday night when the were showing the San Fransico-Arizona game instead of the race. I hated the bubbles NBC put over the cars during restarts, they blocked out half the field, but they still deliver a solid broadcast. Whoever thought of showing the race in a sman box during comercials is a genius and they should do that more.

Is it me or does it seem like NBC has more commercials? Or at least they break for commercial at bad times.

Not only the commentators but the actual viewing of the race is much better on Fox, to me anyway. Give me Fox forever!
Betsy

NBC has a lot of commercials but they break in if something happens. FOX never gets back from commercial in time for the green flag. All last weekend they came back after the race had re-started.

I heard an interesting rumor today. NBC is said to have been sending out feelers to find Arabs to go to the races in their formal garb, just waiting to see if anything broke out so their cameras could catch it. Now I'm not sitting her saying that I believe that rumor and I hope to God that it wasn't even an idea at the network, but I can see something like this being attempted with a network news department. And since NBC is leaving the sport soon, I could see this as just someone starting a rumor of this type to get at the network. Then again, I can see many in the network news department being biased on one side of the aisle and trying to bash the NASCAR crowd. Anyway, it is interesting and something to think about.

Here's the story about "Dateline NBC"'s stunt:
http://sports.excite.com/news/04052006/v3015.html

As far as NBC vs. FOX> NBC all the way. I don't listen to FOX anymore. I mute the volume and turn the radio on to MRN. At least MRN doesn't talk about or self-promote their personal interests constantly.

As long as the races are broadcast on the tube, I don't much care who has the deal.
No matter WHO is broadcasting, we will (as fans) moan about this, that or the other.

I'm sick of this debate about what network is better...soon we won't have to deal with NBC...i say good riddance. Give me ESPN> :beerbang:

This debate will never stop. When ABC or anyone else comes on board, there will be just as many complaints.

And the beat goes on................... :rolleyes:

I can not stand Beny Parsons, half the time he does not know what he is talking about. He just bables on and the other two end up covering for him.

Back
Top Bottom