Frank Kimmel Seeks Elusive Daytona Victory

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
He wants it bad this year.

Frank Kimmel is to ARCA what Babe Ruth is to baseball. Kimmel has won 76 races, nine championships and has an average finish of 7.4 after 17 seasons of competing in the Ohio-based ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards. There is only one thing missing from Kimmel’s ARCA resume. That’s one thing the nine-time champion is hoping to change during Saturday’s running of the Lucas Oil 200 presented by MavTV.

While Frank Kimmel has been the dominator for a generation of ARCA competition, ARCA’s biggest race has been dominated by Lebanon, PA’s Bobby Gerhart. Gerhart has won the race an unprecedented eight times dating back to 1999. Kimmel intends to keep Gerhart at eight Daytona victories during the 50th running of ARCA’s biggest race.

“I’ve never won at Daytona,” Kimmel said. “There’s a lot of interest in trying to win that. The main thing is, it’s Daytona. That’s our biggest race of the year. This is my 22nd or 23rd year coming down. We’ve come close but never got it done. Were in our second year (with ThorSport Racing) so these guys have a full year and know what the deal is in ARCA with tires and stuff. It’d be a big deal for us to win and a good start to go after our tenth title.”

http://race22.com/2013/02/frank-kimmel-seeks-elusive-daytona-victory/

Until gerhart doesn't find a way to win I'll keep picking him

Until gerhart doesn't find a way to win I'll keep picking him

I don't know... he miracled his way in to that one last year. One man only has so many miracles in him. Kimmel wants it bad.... real bad. And sometimes, it comes down to who wants it more (watch IRP last year).

Back
Top Bottom