Franklin County Speedway to resume season at Ace Speedway...

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Ace in the Hole: Franklin County Speedway’s Planned Season to Continue at Ace Speedway

ALTAMAHAW, NC :: Moonshine Capital Promotions is taking the show on the road to finish the 2014 season which started at Franklin County Speedway. That road trip will take Langley Austin and the drivers who have shown valiant support to Ace Speedway in Altamahaw, North Carolina.

The first race for Moonshine Capital Promotions at Ace Speedway will be on July 4th with every division that ran at Franklin County Speedway running with the same rules and the points accumulated at Franklin County Speedway over the season will add up at Ace Speedway. The races will be run in addition to races already scheduled to be run at Ace Speedway. All races will run by the same rules that were set at Franklin County Speedway.

“I just want to see Langley finish what he started at Franklin County,” Ace Speedway General Manager Brad Allen said. “The lights can burn here at Ace Speedway on Saturday nights too.”

With those words spoken, the lights will burn on Saturday nights as the 2014 season heads south.

“It’s a great opportunity,” said Austin. “Brad Allen is a stand up guy, a good friend and one of the best promoters in the business today. He offered to let us come down to Ace and finish our season and that’s exactly what we’re going to do.”

The deal to run at Ace Speedway comes a week after Moonshine Capital Promotions’ deal with Franklin County Speedway fell through.

“The story from the track owners at Franklin County is that I just walked away and I guess if not dealing with all the craziness they threw at me is walking away, then that’s true,” Austin stated. “But, I think this deal, taking the Franklin County crowd that’s supported me all the way and giving them a chance to finish the season and crown champions in all divisions shows that we’re not walking away from the people who matter, the racers.

“This ‘Franklin County meets Ace’ or ‘Moonshine Capital moves South’ or whatever you want to call it is going to be fun. We’re going to show everyone that just because we’re not at Franklin County Speedway anymore, that we all are a family and we are strong. I fully expect 75-80% of the drivers and teams to make the trek to Ace Speedway and I think fans who truly love good racing will follow them also.”

The move to Ace Speedway will shake up the standings as well with Ace being a flat track compared to the high banked surface at Franklin County Speedway.

“Ace Speedway is one of the best race tracks in the region and I think our brand of racing will fit in just fine on that bullring. Certainly the change in venue will shake up the points battles and make for an even more satisfying championship. This will separate the contenders from the pretenders.”

Everything from Franklin County will carry over to Ace Speedway.

“We’re just changing venues,” continued Austin. “The rules, the points, the track licenses, the purse and everything that we were doing at Franklin County Speedway just moves south to Altamahaw, North Carolina. It’s going to be a unique situation but we feel that it’s what the drivers and teams deserve.”

For more information on Moonshine Capital Promotions, visit www.moonshinecapitalpromotions.com or “like” Moonshine Capital Promotions on Facebook. For more information on Ace Speedway, visit www.acespeedway.com, “like” Ace Speedway on Facebook or follow Ace Speedway on Twitter.

So I take it Franklin County closed again?

Nah, the track changed managers and the new manager decided to turn the infield garage/pit area into a mud-bog, and it basically drove away all the drivers and cars.

That sucks so bad. I'm sorry man.

Throwing away solid, solid racing for "mud ridin'"? Phucking dumbass.

This whole thing is sad. I heard Langley wanted to save face because he couldn't pay the race team coming in. He did the same thing at Ona speedway in West Virginia. Langley Walked out of the place in the middle of the season. Blamed it on the owner. Left us drivers without the payout and the sponsors scratching their head. I guess that is why one of the drivers knocked him out. I would imagine he owes the franklin county speedway money and needed an easy way out before he got embarrassed. I knew this would happen again! So who doesn't like mud, or mud slinging!

Sounds like a cluster****. Another story where a tracks management failed the track.

Sounds like a cluster****. Another story where a tracks management failed the track.

I'm still pissed. The man stormed in to the tower, grabbed me and twisted my arm for possession of the microphone because his mud bog was more important than giving a full field rundown after the race, interviewing the race winner in the feature event, informing fans that there was a checkpoint right outside the track and fulfilling other legal and contractual obligations. I've been doing this **** for seven years and never seen anything like it, nonetheless had anything like that happen to me.

The worst part is that the man still doesn't think he did anything wrong. He sent me a quarter-assed apology (not even half-assed, just quarter) four days later.

Dude should just tear up the entire track because it'd be better than just watching the place sit there and rot.

I'm still pissed. The man stormed in to the tower, grabbed me and twisted my arm for possession of the microphone because his mud bog was more important than giving a full field rundown after the race, interviewing the race winner in the feature event, informing fans that there was a checkpoint right outside the track and fulfilling other legal and contractual obligations. I've been doing this **** for seven years and never seen anything like it, nonetheless had anything like that happen to me.

The worst part is that the man still doesn't think he did anything wrong. He sent me a quarter-assed apology (not even half-assed, just quarter) four days later.

Dude should just tear up the entire track because it'd be better than just watching the place sit there and rot.
Is that the track just outside your back door Andy?

Is that the track just outside your back door Andy?

I don't work or live there anymore. I've been staying up in Maryland the past couple weeks. Will be moving down to Blacksburg when I go back down. Right after the race, I packed up everything I could fit in a suitcase and headed north to DC. Had a talk with the track promoter prior to the race because I had a feeling that something was going to go down.

Damn, do you ever really unpack and get settled in? :D Good luck buddy. :cheers:

Damn, do you ever really unpack and get settled in? :D Good luck buddy. :cheers:

No, I don't.

I'll make out quite well in all this. The engine in the car I just bought blew up and the car's at the track. Track owner's probably already stolen the tags and damaged the car to turn in to an Any Car. I hope he did because I've got full coverage and that'll be a nice payday.

I don't work or live there anymore. I've been staying up in Maryland the past couple weeks. Will be moving down to Blacksburg when I go back down. Right after the race, I packed up everything I could fit in a suitcase and headed north to DC. Had a talk with the track promoter prior to the race because I had a feeling that something was going to go down.

Straight bugged out. Good job.

I've actually done some promotion stuff when I was younger for a music venue. It's amazing the amount of **** you deal with that you had no idea you signed up for by management with a Napoleon complex.

Straight bugged out. Good job.

YEP! Had a talk with the promoter prior to the race. When Whitey assaulted me, and that's quite literally what it was, as soon as things wrapped up, I texted the promoter and said I would not be back at FCS and left for DC/MD.

Back
Top Bottom