Friday Night at the BC

17_Fan

This past Friday night, my youngest daughter (11 years old) & her basketball team got to play a 'Small Fries' scrimmage game on the court that the Milwaukee Bucks play right before the Bucks took on the Miami Heat.

She didn't make any baskets, but it was still fun watching it. Her first shot was from about 12 feet out and it rimmed out on her. Later, she was outside and got a long rebound and threw up a shot from over 20 feet out and would have only come up with air if it didn't hit the bottom of the net. She was near the NBA 3-point line and I believe that line is 26 feet out? I asked her why she didn't dribble a couple of times in for a closer shot and she said that the referee and the coaches were telling everyone to just shoot the ball. They were told that because they are out there for ten minutes straight with no time breaks. Those kids were tired after it was done...it was run & gun up and down the court with very little defense. The NBA court must be at least 50 feet longer and 20 feet wider than they are used to playing on. And the substitutions were five players coming in to replace the five out there with the clock running. It looked more like a line change in a hockey game!

The last scoring opportunity my daughter had was late in the game. She stole the ball (but it was more of a bad pass) and was driving down the court for a lay-up. But when she went up in the air, she lost the handle on the ball and clanked it off the backboard.

Back
Top Bottom