Fun day at work

2 Sweet

HMS 4-life
I recently got a job with a small, family owned dairy company delivering all types of ill **** in a badass yellow box truck. :D

So.....earlier today, I got done with my route and headed back to the office. Parked my truck and went inside to button up my paperwork and invoices and all that fun stuff. Just your typical work day, ya know? Well a dock opens up, so I walk out of the building into the side lot to go fetch my truck so I can back into the dock. About 10 seconds after I walk out, one of my bosses comes outside screaming for help.

Confused, I hurry up to him like WTF is going on? I see my sales manager running through our front parking lot, she's chasing some chubby white trash kid, and she's right on his ass and gaining on him, even in her high heels. They are yelling at him to stop. My boss is like "GET HIM, GET HIM!" Adrenaline kicks in and I take off after them. She tries to grab him but he slips away, but at this point his pants are falling down and I've quickly made up ground on him. Just as he yanks his pants up and tries to get running again, I spear him Bill Goldberg style and plant the sumbitch into the ground.

At this point my bosses and all my coworkers have come outside as I have this dude pinned against the grass. Several witnesses, including a few truckers from across the street, came to assist. Bossman is on the phone with the cops. The thief keeps pleading with me to ease up of him because he "can't breathe" and I'm not giving him an inch. He calls me a few naughty words. LOL, keep your mouth shut you lowlife snatch rag. Just be lucky I didn't smash your face in. 5 minutes later the cops show up and put him in handcuffs.

Turns out, (we have it all on camera) this stupid piece of crap drove his car into our employee lot, got out, and quickly started going car to car and snatching whatever he could from any car that was unlocked. Keep in mind this was at 3:30 in the afternoon, it's a small parking lot, and there are several windows in the building. How stupid can you be? It wasn't long before he got noticed, and that's when they ran after him and this whole ordeal began. As if he wasn't already dumb enough, he also had an open can of beer in his car and some pills. Oh and he was wanted on three arrest warrants, yeah.

The officers who arrived were extremely grateful, they told me I was well within my rights (called it a citizen's arrest....their words not mine) and said 95% of the time they get a call like that, the thief is long gone when they get there. My bosses were overjoyed. Handshakes and congrats from everyone. Personally, it was EXTREMELY satisfying because I rarely get the chance to catch a thief and witness them get hauled off by the cops. I've had my cars broken into multiple times and that kind of stuff makes my blood boil. I worked at Lowe's a while back and thieves were allowed to do as they please and you couldn't touch them unless you wanted to get fired. That really pissed me off.

The wife told me I'm stupid, he could've had a weapon, yadda yadda whatever. I wasn't going to let my coworker take on this dude by herself, and I really wasn't thinking, just reacting ya know? I always wanted the chance to catch a thief in the act and make him pay, and today I finally got my chance. Nice way to kick off the weekend :cool:

Good work ! Hope you get an Attaboy award to hang on the wall.
Catching a thief and beating up bullies never gets old .

Good job 2 Sweet.......... makes you feel good!!!!!!! I also hate thieves..... low life scumbags...... I had the chance to catch and detain a thief several years ago at a dealership I worked at....... he was stealing a high priced lawnmower. He already had it loaded on a trailer and was attempting to leave..... I started around his S-10 Blazer with a 4 pound hammer busting the windows out....... when he heard the first one shatter he thought I was shooting at him......

I know exactly what you mean about Lowes...... my youngest son got a job with them when he graduated college..... he secured a SR. HR position at a store in Portland Oregon.... he was doing an excellent job so after a couple years they transferred him to a store across the Washington line that was in a shady area...... The people were stealing the store blind..... loading up carts with everything imaginable and just walking out...... He had enough of it and confronted a guy one night ....... They fired him for it. It all worked out okay because he secured a good HR job at the Capital in Salem..........

I recently got a job with a small, family owned dairy company delivering all types of ill sh!t in a badass yellow box truck. :D

So.....earlier today, I got done with my route and headed back to the office. Parked my truck and went inside to button up my paperwork and invoices and all that fun stuff. Just your typical work day, ya know? Well a dock opens up, so I walk out of the building into the side lot to go fetch my truck so I can back into the dock. About 10 seconds after I walk out, one of my bosses comes outside screaming for help.

Confused, I hurry up to him like WTF is going on? I see my sales manager running through our front parking lot, she's chasing some chubby white trash kid, and she's right on his ass and gaining on him, even in her high heels. They are yelling at him to stop. My boss is like "GET HIM, GET HIM!" Adrenaline kicks in and I take off after them. She tries to grab him but he slips away, but at this point his pants are falling down and I've quickly made up ground on him. Just as he yanks his pants up and tries to get running again, I spear him Bill Goldberg style and plant the sumbitch into the ground.

At this point my bosses and all my coworkers have come outside as I have this dude pinned against the grass. Several witnesses, including a few truckers from across the street, came to assist. Bossman is on the phone with the cops. The thief keeps pleading with me to ease up of him because he "can't breathe" and I'm not giving him an inch. He calls me a few naughty words. LOL, keep your mouth shut you lowlife snatch rag. Just be lucky I didn't smash your face in. 5 minutes later the cops show up and put him in handcuffs.

Turns out, (we have it all on camera) this stupid piece of crap drove his car into our employee lot, got out, and quickly started going car to car and snatching whatever he could from any car that was unlocked. Keep in mind this was at 3:30 in the afternoon, it's a small parking lot, and there are several windows in the building. How stupid can you be? It wasn't long before he got noticed, and that's when they ran after him and this whole ordeal began. As if he wasn't already dumb enough, he also had an open can of beer in his car and some pills. Oh and he was wanted on three arrest warrants, yeah.

The officers who arrived were extremely grateful, they told me I was well within my rights (called it a citizen's arrest....their words not mine) and said 95% of the time they get a call like that, the thief is long gone when they get there. My bosses were overjoyed. Handshakes and congrats from everyone. Personally, it was EXTREMELY satisfying because I rarely get the chance to catch a thief and witness them get hauled off by the cops. I've had my cars broken into multiple times and that kind of stuff makes my blood boil. I worked at Lowe's a while back and thieves were allowed to do as they please and you couldn't touch them unless you wanted to get fired. That really pissed me off.

The wife told me I'm stupid, he could've had a weapon, yadda yadda whatever. I wasn't going to let my coworker take on this dude by herself, and I really wasn't thinking, just reacting ya know? I always wanted the chance to catch a thief in the act and make him pay, and today I finally got my chance. Nice way to kick off the weekend :cool:

Outstanding

Good job :) but many places have policy's in place that tell employees not to intervene. Several years ago a employee in a Lowes or HD chased a thief and captured him. IIRC he got fired.

Back
Top Bottom