Ganassi leaving NASCAR, selling team to Trackhouse

Justin Marks said he has a short list of names for his new seat (alongside Suarez). So it would appear Chastain didn't have a contract with Ganassi for 2022, or if he did have one, it didn't "survive" the sale of the team. Chastain could still be hired, but it appears its not a done deal.

Well that’s an absolute bomb. Honestly kinda glad the media didn’t get a hold of a major story for once, this is a stunner. Super stoked for Trackhouse though and their plans for the Nashville team base sound really cool. They’re a major player already.

I wonder what this means for the existing 42 and 1 cars? Does Trackhouse run 3 cars next year?
Sounds like those just become Trackhouse cars, with their current lease already going to Kaulig. OP article says Suarez and one driver TBD.

Well that’s an absolute bomb. Honestly kinda glad the media didn’t get a hold of a major story for once, this is a stunner. Super stoked for Trackhouse though and their plans for the Nashville team base sound really cool. They’re a major player already.
Agreed! When was the last time a major announcement was made that everyone already didn't know what would be announced?

This news is big, but not big outside our racing world. I told my wife, holy crap look at this...this is how she looked at me.

images

Last edited:
Did Rick Ware get snookered? Someone here at R-F was saying RWR planned to sell two of his four charters this year. But now with this Ganassi/Trackhouse deal, the demand for charters just declined by two. The 23XI team is still in the market for one, but who else is looking to acquire a charter?

Did Rick Ware get snookered? Someone here at R-F was saying RWR planned to sell two of his four charters this year. But now with this Ganassi/Trackhouse deal, the demand for charters just declined by two. The 23XI team is still in the market for one, but who else is looking to acquire a charter?
Kelly Earnhardt-Miller

Who took Marks as a joke?

Great racer, great businessman like his Dad, and learned from Ganassi in the motorsport business landscape.

To think Sabates had Chip buy in, Chip buys the team, and now a protege of Ganassi buys the team he learned under.

Crazy.

Dillon Welch with a huge point:

I've been talking about this for a couple of years. All the major owners are over 70. Just the past year, we've seen Jordan and Hamlin team up, Kaulig going Cup racing, Kez getting a stake in Roush-Fenway, and now this. This is the shot in the arm NASCAR needs at this time.

Wow! Not expecting this Great for Justin Marks and co

Back
Top Bottom