Gary Coleman on life support

mike honcho

Knuckleheads
This little guy has had a rough life.

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Former child TV star Gary Coleman is on life support and unconscious after suffering an intracranial hemorrhage at his home, his family said Friday.

Coleman suffered the hemorrhage Wednesday at his Santaquin home, 55 miles south of Salt Lake City.

Utah Valley Regional Medical Center released the statement on behalf of Coleman's family.

It also says Coleman, 42, was conscious and lucid until midday Thursday, when his condition worsened and he slipped into unconsciousness. Coleman was then placed on life support.

"At this critical moment, we can only ask for your thoughts and prayers for Gary to make a speedy and full recovery," the family statement said.

Coleman has had continuing ill health from a kidney disease he suffered as a child. He had at least two kidney transplants and has ongoing dialysis.

An ambulance was called to Coleman's home Wednesday, and he was initially transported to Mountain View Hospital in Payson, the nearest medical facility, said Dennis Howard, Santaquin's director of public safety.

The family statement says Coleman was later moved to the regional medical center in Provo for additional tests and treatment.

Coleman is best known for his stint on "Diff'rent Strokes," which aired from 1978 to 1986.

Coleman moved to Utah in 2005 to star in the movie "Church Ball," a comedy based on basketball leagues formed by members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He met his wife Shannon Price on the movie set and married her in 2007.

Last fall, Coleman had heart surgery complicated by pneumonia, said his Utah attorney Randy Kester.

In February, Coleman also suffered a seizure on the set of "The Insider." Also in February, he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor criminal mischief charge related to an April 2009 domestic violence incident at his home.

Coleman also had a string of financial and legal problems.

The family acknowledged his struggles in its statement, saying Coleman had had "difficulties not only with health issues, but also with his personal and public life."

"At times it may not have been apparent, but he always had fond memories of being an entertainer and appreciates his fans for all their support over the years," the family said

That sucks. he has had a pretty hard life from the sounds of it. But then he has also had a pretty blessed life as well. I would think he was living pretty well when he was one of the hottest stars on the scene while Different Strokes was in it's heyday. I hope for he and his family's sake that he pulls though this.

RIP

http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/28/gary-coleman-dies-dead-diffrent-strokes/

Gary Coleman Dies
Originally posted 24 minutes ago by TMZ Staff
Gary Coleman has died as the result of injuries he suffered earlier this week, the hospital tells TMZ.

We've learned Gary's wife, Shannon, made the decision to pull life support early this AM.

We're told Coleman died at 12:05 PM MST. He died of a intracranial hemorrhage.

Family members and close friends were at Coleman's side when life support was pulled.

He was 42.

As TMZ first reported, Coleman was rushed to a hospital in Utah after he fell and hurt his head. He was on life support since Thursday.

There will be a press conference at the hospital at 3:00 PM PT.

Where's my barf bag? The guy was an unrepentant a**hole from the time his show went off the air, and probably even before. But now everyone's gonna sing his praises and say how sorry they are, and make all kinds of excuses for him. Bull****.

The only Gary I ever saw was the persona on the TV program. I vaguely remember some trouble he had, but didn't pay any attention because I didn't care.

I'm not singing his praises, just noting his passing.

Where's my barf bag? The guy was an unrepentant a**hole from the time his show went off the air, and probably even before. But now everyone's gonna sing his praises and say how sorry they are, and make all kinds of excuses for him. Bull****.

Wow that was cold. It's not like he was a murder or something. So what if he had an attitude, I'd bet 90% of celebs have the same attitude problems he had. Do they all deserve to die as well? I wasn't a fan by any means but I'm not gonna tell people not to be sad over his death.

Wow that was cold. It's not like he was a murder or something. So what if he had an attitude, I'd bet 90% of celebs have the same attitude problems he had. Do they all deserve to die as well? I wasn't a fan by any means but I'm not gonna tell people not to be sad over his death.

Did I say he deserved to die? READ!!!!

You might not have said the words but you sure didn't say it was bad did you?

So I'm being taken to task for what I didn't say? Jeez, you're exactly the sort of person I despise most. If I didn't say it, WTF is your problem? Do I think it? Do I think the world is a better place without the louse? Quite likely. I can think of many people I think the world would be far better without. Dishonest, hypocritical, self important whiners for starters. Does that mean I wish them dead? NO! I wish they'd smarten the **** up.

If you're interested in what I didn't say, try asking next time.

I wasn't a fan by any means but I'm not gonna tell people not to be sad over his death.

WTF are people saddened about? Did you know him? Did anyone here? I think not. Did he attend your birthday party maybe? People react to events like this to personalize them for their own self importance. Just like those apes that build stuffed toy shrines where ever a child was killed and stand about weeping. Gimme a freaking break. They're no better than the rubber neckers that slow down to gape at car accidents. All the same sort of low life voyeurs wanting their vicarious kicks. Oooo, he's dead, but look how I'm suffering over it. Makes me want to vomit.

WTF are people saddened about? Did you know him? Did anyone here? I think not. Did he attend your birthday party maybe? People react to events like this to personalize them for their own self importance. Just like those apes that build stuffed toy shrines where ever a child was killed and stand about weeping. Gimme a freaking break. They're no better than the rubber neckers that slow down to gape at car accidents. All the same sort of low life voyeurs wanting their vicarious kicks. Oooo, he's dead, but look how I'm suffering over it. Makes me want to vomit.

I did happen to know him thank you very much and he has attended serveral birthday parties

What choo talking 'bout Willis:rolleyes:

Agreed...just like I felt about M.J.

Back
Top Bottom