Gas Prices

the site i tried to post calculated gas for road trips. im not good at this kinda stuff.don't know if the site worked or if i did something wrong.

Los Angeles Area...

AAA: Gas Exceeds $4.50 A Gallon In The Southland
LOS ANGELES According to the Automobile Club of Southern California, the average price of a gallon of self-serve regular gasoline has exceeded the $4.50 mark in Los Angeles and Orange counties this week, driven mainly by gasoline futures investors.

The L.A. County average is now at $4.543 -- 20.4 cents more than last week, 64 cents more than last month and $1.26 more than in 2007.

In Orange County, gas prices are averaging $4.532 -- 21.7 cents more than last week, 65.9 cents more than last month and $1.298 more than in 2007.

This is the 10th time in the past 11 weeks that the average cost of self-serve regular unleaded hit a record high in Southern California, and the second consecutive week that the cost increased by more than 20 cents per gallon.

"California is the only state in the U.S. right now that is experiencing this painful level of price increases, and oil industry analysts say it is almost totally driven by fund manager investment in California wholesale gasoline futures," Auto Club spokesman Jeffrey Spring said.

"Southern California gas prices are nearly 40 percent higher than they were at this time last year and 93 percent higher than at this time in 2005."

The Los Angeles County average increased 22.7 cents from May 30-June 6; 15.3 cents from May 23-30; 4.5 cents from May 16-23 and 1.8 cents from May 9-16.

The Orange County average increased 22.3 cents from May 30-June 6; 15.1 cents from May 23-30; 5.5 cents from May 16-23 and 1.3 cents from May 9-16.

I just got my first gas credit card statement since buying my new Ford Focus. A difference of $200 compared to last month's statement when I was driving the pick up with the 410" engine. :D

I just got my first gas credit card statement since buying my new Ford Focus. A difference of $200 compared to last month's statement when I was driving the pick up with the 410" engine. :D

Yeah, but its still a Ford. Maybe you should have gotten a Chevy Aveo or a Toyota Yaris... :D

$4.07 in St. Charles, $4.03 in Waldof, $3.93 in Lexington Park.

You will probably end up pushing either one of them no matter which one you buy. :D

I've got a '63 Ford truck that I've been driving for the last 25 years, the only time it has been on a tow truck was when I ran over some junk in the road (prolly Chevy parts) and got two flats. Other than that, it's never left me stranded in 25 years. I've logged over 500,000 miles on that truck. :D!!

I've got a '63 Ford truck that I've been driving for the last 25 years, the only time it has been on a tow truck was when I ran over some junk in the road (prolly Chevy parts) and got two flats. Other than that, it's never left me stranded in 25 years. I've logged over 500,000 miles on that truck. :D!!
500k damn that is a lot thought i was doing good with my Buick Regal GS it has over 200k on original engine. Same engine in that Ford truck or rebuilt?

500k damn that is a lot thought i was doing good with my Buick Regal GS it has over 200k on original engine. Same engine in that Ford truck or rebuilt?

No, not original engine. I rebuild them myself (except for the machine work). I've rebuilt the C6 transmission 3 times, also. I started working on cars when I was about 10 at my dad's repair shop. Since then I've worked for Ford, Chrysler, Jeep and ran my dad's shop for 10 years. Several of my family members still work for Ford, my aunt and cousin worked for Mercedes Benz.
Now I work for the City of Los Angeles but not in a mechanic's position so my toolboxes are at home now :D
200K on original engine is very good. With regular maintenance most of the stuff made nowadays will last 150,000+, just because of advances in engineering. I used to have a customer with a Honda Accord that had 350,000 miles on her Honda (engine had never been apart) and all she did was regular oil changes (every 3,000 mi with Mobil 1), tune ups and a timing belt every 60,000 miles.

No, not original engine. I rebuild them myself (except for the machine work). I've rebuilt the C6 transmission 3 times, also. I started working on cars when I was about 10 at my dad's repair shop. Since then I've worked for Ford, Chrysler, Jeep and ran my dad's shop for 10 years. Several of my family members still work for Ford, my aunt and cousin worked for Mercedes Benz.
Now I work for the City of Los Angeles but not in a mechanic's position so my toolboxes are at home now :D
200K on original engine is very good. With regular maintenance most of the stuff made nowadays will last 150,000+, just because of advances in engineering. I used to have a customer with a Honda Accord that had 350,000 miles on her Honda (engine had never been apart) and all she did was regular oil changes (every 3,000 mi with Mobil 1), tune ups and a timing belt every 60,000 miles.

Yeh the engine in the Buick is still going strong sythetic oil works wonders, my wife drives it back and forth to work every day. I bought it just for a beater for winter one year, now it is her daily driver with diesel being $5 a gal here the truck is parked.

it figures as soon as i get a liscense the gas prices skyrocket :rolleyes:

I feel your pain. Gas was 33 cents when I started driving but it wasn't long that it jumped to 35 cents a gallon. And me still in high school with no job. It meant I hoofed it to school a lot of the days to save my gas for the weekends. :D

I feel your pain. Gas was 33 cents when I started driving but it wasn't long that it jumped to 35 cents a gallon. And me still in high school with no job. It meant I hoofed it to school a lot of the days to save my gas for the weekends. :D

Hey BP, do you remember the movie The Grapes of Wrath? There was a scene in the movie when Henry Fonda bought a penny's worth of gas. Well, da Whiz could ride around all day for that price when he first started driving. :eek:

We dont know how many miles our dually has on it. We dont even know if half of what's under it is factory origional. All we know is it's either 2 or 300,000 miles. I've pulled all the numbers from the motor I know to pull, at least those match eachother.

The transmission and rearend, we REALY aint sure over. the transmission badge says TH400 but all the internals appear to be TH475 parts, the rear end is a dana 70 but there's little record of D70's being put in GM trucks.

Gas at my closest station is $3.89, but at Sams, it was $3.94. I think that is the first time I've seen gas higher at Sams than at any other place in the city.

Here in the Springfield area of Ma. Reg is $4.11 and Diesel is $5.00

Since the Chinese gov't has stopped subsidizing their oil prices there should be more on the market which will cause the prices to drop. The Chinese was really taking a beating by keeping the prices down there and they just couldn't afford to it any longer.

Oil went down 5 bucks a barrel on thursday....Didn't see gas prices fall...:rolleyes: WTF
The Iowa flooding's causing gas prices to rise.

That's what the latest excuse is.

Next week, they're going to say Johnny B. Good's fart caused gas prices to rise.

Back
Top Bottom