Gas!!!

Tuesday it was $3.30/9 and my truck was on fumes. $100 fill up.:eek:

Some financial brain on the radio says it'll be $2.50 or so by the end of the month. Hmm, right around the election. <Church lady voice> How convenient

Seem to recall the same thing happening around 4 years ago too,,,,,:rolleyes:

East Tn usually below national average but lately we have been above. In the 330's around here.

You guys are obviously not on the west coast. About $3.40/gal. around here today for the low-grade stuff.

Well, my $3.42 for regular/87 gas in Miami was good compared to a few days ago. BP and HESS are usually the cheapest compared to other national brands.

Folks, North Carolina now has the highest prices of gas in the entire country. We can find bargains now at $3.59.

The state tax on a gallon of gas is calculated quarterly and is based on the price at the time. Think of how high it was at the beginning of this month! Just wonder if it will ever go down?

There are those that predict that the price of oil will go as low as $20 a barrel, but I'll believe that when I see it. OPEC is trying to get an emergency meeting as we speak.

channel 5 shows a valero and shell competing for customers with 87 octane running at $1.85.

The streets might as well been closed. Looked like los angeles rush hour- lines 3 lanes wide all going to the same place(s).

Source: The Greeneville Sun
http://greenevillesun.com/story/298581

The price of regular unleaded gasoline dropped today to $2.99 per gallon at many Greeneville convenience stores.

A Greeneville Sun photographer found about 3 p.m. today (Monday, Oct. 13) that signs at most convenience stores along the East Andrew Johnson Highway showed the price of regular unleaded gasoline had fallen to $2.99 per gallon.

The Greeneville Sun conducts a weekly survey of local gas prices.

A review of those records shows that the last time gasoline at most Greeneville convenience stores was below $3 per gallon was in January 2008.

I guess some of you can be happy because you are paying less than the other day.

How soon we forget what you were paying when oil was this low before.

That's just what the oil and gas companies want. :rolleyes:

BTW 3.19 here. with oil prices so low, it still should be about 2.25-2.50.

neat video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSaZ5v1eW5I

Source: The Greeneville Sun
http://greenevillesun.com/story/298581

The price of regular unleaded gasoline dropped today to $2.99 per gallon at many Greeneville convenience stores.

A Greeneville Sun photographer found about 3 p.m. today (Monday, Oct. 13) that signs at most convenience stores along the East Andrew Johnson Highway showed the price of regular unleaded gasoline had fallen to $2.99 per gallon.

The Greeneville Sun conducts a weekly survey of local gas prices.

A review of those records shows that the last time gasoline at most Greeneville convenience stores was below $3 per gallon was in January 2008.

2.69 20 miles up the road at Johnson City. I'm telling you it is ALAN JOHNSON again.

AAA: Gas In Greeneville 21-cents Higher Than Tri-cities Average

I have 3 Hess stations in a 3 mile radius. All 3 post different prices, right now 2.96, 2.98 and 3.01. All 3 are in the same zip code so area demographics, high income/low income area, can't be responsible. Same gas from the same truck that gets it from the same depot. Hess stations are company owned. Why are there price differences???

The preices haven't fallen as low as they should be in comparison to the wholesale price of gas and oil due to the fact that it hasn't all filtered through. Gas bought for the mass storeage tanks a month or two ago was at a higher price than it is now, prices will continue to fall, but i still think this is all just a smoke screen. Opec wants to cut production, so that Oil stays right around $100/barrel, like they aren't making enough money already! $2.95 here in Sprinfield Ma. area.

Gas-3-stations-Baileyton.jpg

I just filled up my Explorer lastnight at $1.98 a gallon.

$2.12 is the cheapest I've seen here. Less than a month ago I was whooping it up over $2.98

I just filled up my van the other day. It was $2.05/gallon, but I had $1.50/gallon discount for that fill-up at Giant Eagle (that is a grocery store that gives you 10 cents a gallon off of your gas for every $50 in food you buy). I ended up paying $0.55/gallon for a little over 20 gallons. $11 and some change for a 20+gallon fill-up. Needless to say, I was very pleased. :D

I just filled up my van the other day. It was $2.05/gallon, but I had $1.50/gallon discount for that fill-up at Giant Eagle (that is a grocery store that gives you 10 cents a gallon off of your gas for every $50 in food you buy). I ended up paying $0.55/gallon for a little over 20 gallons. $11 and some change for a 20+gallon fill-up. Needless to say, I was very pleased. :D
CAN WE GET MORE OF THOSE NATIONWIDE?!?!?!?!?

but...you spent 750 bucks on food? What?

It's a program that they call Fuel Perks. You have a Giant Eagle card, which is the same type of discount card you get at any other supermarket. Every penny you spend is totaled and they keep track of it. It tells you on your receipt how much "fuel perks" you earned on that purchase, how much you have spent towards your next $50 total, and how much you have since the last time you used it. Once you decide to use the discount, after you have used it, it starts all over again. I have a wife and 3 kids, so I spend at least $400-$500/month just at that store. I buy some groceries at Wal-Mart and other grocery stores if things are less elsewhere. It works out really well for us.

Back
Top Bottom