General Motors building tech center in Concord

Jorge De Guzman

2017, 2021 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor
its about time, Chevy has been underachieving in across all forms of NASCAR for a while now. Hopefully this leads to a resurgence

Yes, the have foreign plants, but other than the entry level throw-away Trax (some of which are built in Mexico) and Spark, no Chevy's for the North American market are built outside North America.

Yes, the have foreign plants, but other than the entry level throw-away Trax (some of which are built in Mexico) and Spark, no Chevy's for the North American market are built outside North America.

Yeah it's so difficult to import cars anymore to America. It's why almost all Honda's are built and majority sourced in the United States, cheaper to ship, are able to adapt quicker to customer demands and fix any potential quality issues before sending to dealer, and less downtime in assembly plants by ensuring safe delivery daily and having more options to expedite parts to facilities.

Automotive supply chains are absolutely wild anymore

We are a digitally connected global community. Stuff comes and goes.

In the context of this thread about that great looking architectural rendering of GM's new racetech facility, all of that is a side issue. Their NASCAR teams will benefit greatly.

Sort of goes against the narrative that GM doesn't care about NASCAR anymore, doesn't it? :)

Maybe if Chevy put tens of millions of dollars into their race teams instead of shiny new buildings they would win a championship :sarcasm:

I hear the TRD guys work out of a converted Taco Bell......:D

Actually, that's not true at all. The TRD building is at 13415 Reese Blvd, Huntersville.............

Great GM news body-shaping and building a Cheat Palace.

Austin Dillon will finally get the hardware and support he needs to showcase his talent.

GM sold Opel in 2018. Chevys are not manufactured in Germany anymore.
It’s mostly the Buicks that are being made outside of the US now. The Regal is made in Germany, the Cascada in Poland, the Envision in China, and the Encore in South Korea. I think the Cascada has been discontinued though.

It’s mostly the Buicks that are being made outside of the US now. The Regal is made in Germany, the Cascada in Poland, the Envision in China, and the Encore in South Korea. I think the Cascada has been discontinued though.
Interestingly, RO7 engine blocks are cast in Brazil and there are all kinds of Austrian crankshafts, connecting rods and pistons twirling around inside them.

The Buick Regal/Lacrosse/Chevy Malibu/Opel Insignia are on the same platform.
Opel hasn't introduced a new Insignia yet so the current Insignia is still a GM car. As soon as Opel introduces the first French Insignia, Buicks won't be made in Germany anymore.
I'd forgotten Opel existed. I haven't seen one since the early '80s.

Interestingly, RO7 engine blocks are cast in Brazil and there are all kinds of Austrian crankshafts, connecting rods and pistons twirling around inside them.
Back in the day Brazilian Charger

iu

It’s mostly the Buicks that are being made outside of the US now. The Regal is made in Germany, the Cascada in Poland, the Envision in China, and the Encore in South Korea. I think the Cascada has been discontinued though
Right, the Corvette is still built in Kentucky and the Camaro is built in Michigan

LMAO. Where did they get this idea? What's next? A driver development program? Wait. This isn't about money. This is about ingenuity. Ford and Chevy have none. They got soft. Copying is the highest form of flattery. Toyota is flattered.

Ya mean ther forun?

I hear the TRD guys work out of a converted Taco Bell......:D

Actually, that's not true at all. The TRD building is at 13415 Reese Blvd, Huntersville.............

....and 335 Baker, Costa Mesa, CA 92626.....

Aunty has mention this fact several times, but I'm still trying to figure out why it matters or why I should care. I know that at least HMS is or has used Pankl connecting rods manufactured in Austria. I'm sure the R07 has parts sourced from all over the world.

Aunty has mention this fact several times, but I'm still trying to figure out why it matters or why I should care. I know that at least HMS is or has used Pankl connecting rods manufactured in Austria. I'm sure the R07 has parts sourced from all over the world.
I’m fine with you not caring.

It’s a reference to a years-old exchange between myself and one of our current fellow posters.

Beyond that, it seemed relevant given the recent discussion about where certain vehicles are manufactured.

You know .., regionalism vs globalism.

I suspect there isn't a vehicle made in the 'free' world that's assembled from parts sourced entirely from one country. Maybe not even 75% from the country where the finished assembly is completed.

I suspect there isn't a vehicle made in the 'free' world that's assembled from parts sourced entirely from one country. Maybe not even 75% from the country where the finished assembly is completed.

Where were you when WE needed you in 2007?

Back
Top Bottom