George Blanda dead at 83

I remember once, near the end of his carreer, he had to play QB for the Raiders because of an injury and led the Raiders to a touchdown. What a guy. RIP George.

I remember once, near the end of his carreer, he had to play QB for the Raiders because of an injury and led the Raiders to a touchdown. What a guy. RIP George.

Was it Stabler that was injured?

I remember when that happened but I can't remember if he was the starting QB.

I remember Blanda playing several games. Finishing off that season I think.

As I get older, my memory strays, but I do believe that it was the Snake that George came in for. And George was one of those straight on kickers.

I remember Blanda being a great kicker, also a good QB, he was one of my favorite players when I was a kid. I think he did come in for Stabler, Bilitnicoff(spell) was one of my favorites too. The way he could stick 2 feet in bounds on the sideline passes was uncanny.

RIP George. i remember blanda primarily with the raiders. they had some great qb's back then with lamonica, stabler and blanda. my first impressions of him was as a kicker that played backup qb. hell of a backup at that. the gordie howe of football.

RIP George. i remember blanda primarily with the raiders. they had some great qb's back then with lamonica, stabler and blanda. my first impressions of him was as a kicker that played backup qb. hell of a backup at that. the gordie howe of football.

Yep no doubt, you know your getting old when your childhood idols start passing away.:(

Back
Top Bottom