Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change IROC set up altogether

• Include more races

• Get rid of IROC all together

• Total voters
I'm with you Ro. It's was something of a novelty when they first started it, but I haven't watched any of the races in years. It's only a money thing now.

I think it would be a good series if:

1 More races
2 Not just stock cars (couple races in stocks, some in open wheel, etc.)
3 Not just oval tracks

I agree with 66Mustang. That would put it back to where it was supposed to be in the first place.

Let them keep it as long as True Value Hardware keeps sponsoring it.:) They're fun to watch...........but I agree they are nothing but a novelty. If it were to change, I would want something like what mustang said. I don't think they should drop it unless sponsorship bails and no one wants to pick it up. It is an opportunity for drivers to go all out for the money........no points involved. But wish it wasn't such a NASCAR dominated thing. It should be a little more equally devided among the different series.

I just hate it when they expect the cart, indy, nhra or WoO guys to drive the tracks and basically the same cars that the WC, BGN or CTS drive. Variety would be nice.

Well, all it does is reinforce the common misconception that NASCAR drivers are the best in the world bla bla bla.

Its funny though that those other drivers who don't drive in NASCAR still do good and win races...

I say make it 8 races. 4 on ovals, 2 on road courses, 2 on street courses. That would even it out a little.

Originally posted by 66mustang

1 More races
3 Not just oval tracks

I like the idea about using different cars....

1 More races
3 Not just oval tracks
Think I like this idea. It would be more fun to watch.

I mean 4 races a year, and hardly any of them are live? Looks like this series could use a revamp stage..

The idea behind IROC is interesting, but it hardly retains my interest.

Originally posted by PettyBenson4510
I say make it 8 races. 4 on ovals, 2 on road courses, 2 on street courses. That would even it out a little.

i would say
10 races

5 on ovals
2 Dirt
2 road
1 street

Originally posted by Lap3Forever
will they use the firebird next year?  

just asking because GM pulled the plug on it.

I forgot about that.....they will probabaly use the Firebird in 2003 and switch in 2004.

Wonder what they will run next. Maybe Ford will come in and they will race the new Thunderbirds...

I'm just kidding with you 66mustang, I like Mustangs too, almost bought one, but I still like Vipers better. Except the new ones, eh, they are cool looking and all, but I still am having a hard time putting the name Viper on it. Maybe they should have called it the Venom or something.

Being a die-hard NASCAR fan, I think the IROC series would be great if the F1 guys got an invite. Don't stack the field with so many NASCAR boys. Maybe WC champ and runner up, Bush, and truck champs. Then Cart champ and runner up IRL champ and runner up and then a couple from F1. Also the Trans-Am champ and some other form of road racing champ.

I'd like to see them get away from this all oval stuff like everyone else. Maybe 3 ovals and 3 road courses. That would draw me back, make it fair for all drivers.

I don't think those F1 drivers would want to even step foot in a stock car. That would mean they would come down a level.

I don't think those F1 drivers would want to even step foot in a stock car.  That would mean they would come down a level.

Back to earth were real people live.:D

Originally posted by Lap3Forever
i would say  
10 races

5 on ovals
2 Dirt  
2 road  
1 street

I'd consider adding a street track and dropping one more oval. But looks real good especially with the dirt!!!

Save everyone some trouble. Have Nascar buy TRAC and make it their new IROC series.

1 More races
3 Not just oval tracks
:beerchug:
I think that's a great idea!!!
Say:
1. 9 races
2. 3 oval 3 road course 3 dirt
3. 3 bodied cars 3 cart cars 3 Sprint cars
:D

Originally posted by rpmallen
Save everyone some trouble. Have Nascar buy TRAC and make it their new IROC series.

I kinda like this idea. Maybe having a couple of races for all the champions of the top NASCAR teams.

Hey IROC is fun to watch because they go fast, are wheel to wheel and are Trans-Am's(i think, lol). I think they should keep it also because you get to see drivers from all over the racing world in equal cars racing each other! How cool is that!

Back
Top Bottom