Gibbs Rear steering and other stuff

Taco

Team Owner
Gasman on the 4 team Mrnuke

Yeah, I sat next to Kurt, behind Rodney and Buga (14 crew chief) and they were having a mini debrief, and Kurt was saying the Gibbs cars "carve" better than everyone else through the center of the turn and that following them, he can see under load that they have more rear steer built in than any other car. They've hit on something for sure. Word on the street is Hendrick is about 1 month out from releasing their pit guns that are on par with the Gibbs guns. The former 18 front changer got fired and helped build them and Hendrick scooped him up to a big contract, company car and a $100k bonus if he could replicate that pit gun.

You will need to have a account to read his 65 pages of posts.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_75/...anything_____16_contest_pg_51___.html&page=65

Last edited:
Rear steer? Sounds like they're using a bit of dirt car technology.

I thought that it was against the rules for anything to flex back there ... I remember something about flexible truck arm bushings being banned

The 18 and 19 was shipped rapid express back to Charlotte yesterday.

Until wins are stripped teams will get the points, pay the fine and then cash the check at their bank.
I think Tony's 35k fine is bull and the other drivers stepping up is admirable but what's 35k to a multi millionaire? The money means nothing.

probably something along these lines. Gibbs cars have something and the thing is it applies to pretty much all the tracks. that could also help with aero sideforce. As for the guns on pit road the other teams need to do something. I knew kurt was not going to beat 2 gibbs cars out of the pits despite pitting from the lead. He didn't and instead of a win he had a disappointing finish.

probably something along these lines. Gibbs cars have something and the thing is it applies to pretty much all the tracks. that could also help with aero sideforce. As for the guns on pit road the other teams need to do something. I knew kurt was not going to beat 2 gibbs cars out of the pits despite pitting from the lead. He didn't and instead of a win he had a disappointing finish.

I noticed some quick stops on the 4 at Richmond ... they must be improving

Some quick stops for the 10..

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

lots of attention to the 19 car rear suspension at the post race inspection this morning.

I thought that it was against the rules for anything to flex back there ... I remember something about flexible truck arm bushings being banned

@Kyle18fan SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Don't poke the damn bear!

412098335.jpg

His expectations were not met and hopes have been dashed.

Oh, well ... there's always next week.

Poor @Taco :( we just gotta help him figure out how Kyle and Carl are cheating .... other than the 600 hp advantage they hold so dear ...... or was it 60 hp and 400 pounds ? :idunno:

BINGO

It only happening under load, sitting static it will not be found.

Back
Top Bottom