Give a call to Sadler and the Woods

H

HardScrabble

Ran in the top 10 all day, considering the last month or two, that is a big improvement.

Good Job!!:D

Didn't Sadler take two early on to get in the top 10? Maybe I am mistaken. But he stayed there and that is all that matters.

Just makes you wonder if that's all we're going to see from Rudd next year when he joins that team.

Yes it does rpm, said something like that a few weeks ago myself.

Allegedly, Ford has ponied up some bucks for the team, and perhaps more importantly, some factory additional engineering help both in chassis and aerodynamics. One would think that with the defection of Penske to Dodge the Ford boys might have even more help available to the team. That remains to be seen.

Without this I can't see that Ricky will make the team significantly better. Perhaps Ricky's maturity will help a little on days when an ill performing car have put Elliott in situations where he overdrove it. But overall except for sporadic bursts the ride has not been consisitently competitive this year.

Nothing would please me more than to see the Wood Brothers car return to the winning ways of yesteryear. But I ain't holding my breath.

Great run for Elliott on the day, spent a good chunk of time in the top-5, and got his first top-10 finish since NHIS in July. :thumbsup: to Elliott and the Woods team.

I could see Rudd maybe mustering a win out of that team, but I just don't see how it's going to run that much better. I hope this Rudd-Woods package surprises me next year, but I'm not expecting more than a less-than-stellar season from Rudd. This could very well be the last ride in Rudd's chapter of racing.

It seems the Woods, like the Pettys, have fallen on hard times. Is it lack of significant sponsor money, an unwillingness to change methods of operation, or just that there are so many good teams running today? Just wondering.

Originally posted by nascarwoman
It seems the Woods, like the Pettys, have fallen on hard times. Is it lack of significant sponsor money, an unwillingness to change methods of operation, or just that there are so many good teams running today?  Just wondering.

I think it's the fact that the NASCAR rules about testing and such have made it all but necessary to have a multi-car team in order to be consistently competitive. the Woods have been a single-car team ever since they started, and just keep falling further behind as a result. Even though they have the alliance with Roush, that's not as good as having a 2nd team. It's the same thing with Morgan-McClure - they used to have an awesome team, but as the importance of teammates rises, they've fallen further behind the curve, as evidenced by these last few seasons - all of 3 top-10 finishes in the last three years.

congrads...........its good to hear they had a good run...they needed one

Congrats to Elliott and the whole #21 team. Can't wait to see him in the #38 M&M car next year. You can look forward to him being in victory lane at least three times next year. Go Elliott!!! Yes,I'm a Elliott Sadler fan.

Back
Top Bottom