GM cars getting front air dam extensions...

:)

How come when Ford gets a helping hand it's called "whining" and "helping Ford stay in the pack". But when GM cars get one people say it's because GM is at such a "disadvantage".

paul, Have you heard any of the GM drivers complaining about anything lately? I haven't so I was kinda suprised when this came out. I obvious that Dodge has a large advantage in the aero department. The aero push doesn't seem to affect them near as bad. Come next year when the new Pontiacs and Chevys are run it'll be a different story, especially cause they're built after the Dodge.;)

Because it goes deeper than that, is goes into there personality, around here GM drivers are more aggressive, tougher, and all around better people. While the Ford guys are always whining about how there Ford is getting passed then breaking down.

lol, sorry I had to:)

Rick Hendrick, though not a driver, was pretty vocal about the disadvantage his teams were at compared the Dodge and Ford. Had something to say at Indy about it.

Interestingly the change is only effective for Michigan at this point. If all the Dodge and Ford boys get together and bag it, letting GM have the first half dozen or so spots, reckon that would revert us back to the old rules?

The only GM driver I hear complaining is none other than wonder boy. Harvick has done quite well lately in his GM, and yes Jeff did pretty good at Indy also.

When did you hear him complain? I haven't heard him say a thing about wanting anything from NASCAR. He complains about the aero push but then again who doesn't?

Thats what I meant B.C. sometimes thoughts don't always come out the same :eek:

The only advantage Dodge has is Ray Evernham,And Fords is Roush,and Yates.

Right on, pbunch. And I don't think a nose job is going to overcome that. ;)

Guess NASCAR saw something in the wind tunnel they didn't like. Oh, well, it's their circus, we're just allowed to watch the performers.

:mad: I'm so sick of hearing Jeff Gordon referred to as wonder boy. Jealousy is really ugly.

TRL,I think that wind tunnel is just a bunch of hot air sometimes.:D

What gets me, is they put one car at a time in the tunnel. Why not try 2 and see what happens in traffic.

pbunch, you're probably right about the hot air. There's lots of it.
ROTFL

Maybe Chevy and Pontiac can take this and get some more wins.

Jeff was wonderboy back in the day. What's wrong with that? Now he's just heir to the throne.:calpping:

Well, I kinda doubt that....unless he teams up with The Ray again and even then it's w-a-a-a-y-y-y way outside shot.

The kid needs 48 more wins just to get by David Pearson, and ***One Hundred Forty-Two*** to even challenge for the Crown.

Jeff might be good but averaging 9.6 wins a year for the next 15 years just ain't gonna happen.

Which is excactly the reason the Monte Car-slow is getting a rule change,71.Not to sound like a conspiracy theroist,but Nascar,and Chevy,certainly have a VERY vested interest in 'wonderboy'.Chevrolet has almost always had one 'wonderboy' at a time...and about 8-10 also-rans.Look back at D.W in the 70's-early 80's,followed by Earnhardt,followed by Gordon.And to be followed by...?Jr.?Jimmie?None are stepping forward like Nascar would like:so back to Gordon they run.Without Ray...he is going to need all the rule-changes Hendricks and Childress can buy.JMO

Back
Top Bottom