Good idea

On the other hand, we are having fewer cautions, so maybe we need to have talks on having a fourth stage implemented. Maybe every week we have a caution [with] 15 to go, and maybe it pays extra points to win the third stage or something like that …

Look at something as far as adding a fourth stage where you know there is going to be a 15-lap shootout. We can look at different things so that you aren’t feeling like the guy who had a car that was dominant all day but lose points due to an extra stage. Maybe boost the third stage’s points and minimize the points in the fourth stage, or just add bonus points in the fourth stage.

I'm going to choose to read this idiocy as if it's satirical performance art.

giphy.gif

I hate the stages, they penalize a driver basically who has a lead by grouping them all back up. My suggestion/idea that I put on my survey is that at a certain lap instead of throwing the caution flag and bunching everybody up mandate that teams do a green flag pit stop. This way if a car had a 3 second lead they have more time in the pit. When they come out it can go yellow for the networks

I hate the stages, they penalize a driver basically who has a lead by grouping them all back up. My suggestion/idea that I put on my survey is that at a certain lap instead of throwing the caution flag and bunching everybody up mandate that teams do a green flag pit stop. This way if a car had a 3 second lead they have more time in the pit. When they come out it can go yellow for the networks
That's why I say, log the stage points but don't stop the race. Positions would remain as they are. Probably need "stage white" and "stage win" flags.

That's why I say, log the stage points but don't stop the race. Positions would remain as they are. Probably need "stage white" and "stage win" flags.
Or end this stage **** all together and award a bonus to whoever leads the most laps, like they used to? I have yet to see any driver actively over drive their car for a stage point, it is a stupid system, that has ruined more races than helped.

Hmm. Are the magic water bottles about to reaappear on the track to cause cautions again?

Adding another stage to make the racing better is like putting ear plugs in when the radio in you car is too loud.

Quit making the problem worse and doubling down on the dumb stuff.

Another playoff point on the line each week. Another 55 stage points at stake each race. That sounds like some major championship implications to me.

Just something to think about.

There are lack of cautions because there are stages. Drivers race to the stage points, not to the end of the race. And, these cars are hard to spin out with the new downforce package.

Friends: Before reading the following proposal please know that it is a work that only endeavors to respect and honor the immaculate organic quality that the stages has already given to us.
I have seen and heard the testimonies about so many positive personal quality of life improvements experienced by the countless masses. I have even spoke with some that told me the stages saved their marriage. So many moments worthy of a good cry.

But l would add in a double points stage that would randomly occur during one of the already planned stages. It would truly be random and could happen multiple times or not at all during a particular race. The winner would receive 20 points, 2nd place would receive 18 points, Et ceteras .....
The double point stages must occur randomly in order to preserve and enhance the immaculate organic qualities that they are currently providing.

Unfortunately the current stages do not always receive the sacred honor they deserve from a crew chief. Hence, he might even choose to throw away a set of stage points by pitting with two laps to go in order to enhance his ability to win the last stage or what some would call the race. These boondoggles are truly profane dilemmas that is troubling for many. In some cases weaker fans will even need counseling to restore their faith. The RDPF (random double points factor) will put a stop to those disrespectful hyennas acts because every lap and every position matters.

Friends: Before reading the following proposal please know that it is a work that only endeavors to respect and honor the immaculate organic quality that the stages has already given to us.
I have seen and heard the testimonies about so many positive personal quality of life improvements experienced by the countless masses. I have even spoke with some that told me the stages saved their marriage. So many moments worthy of a good cry.

But l would add in a double points stage that would randomly occur during one of the already planned stages. It would truly be random and could happen multiple times or not at all during a particular race. The winner would receive 20 points, 2nd place would receive 18 points, Et ceteras .....
The double point stages must occur randomly in order to preserve and enhance the immaculate organic qualities that they are currently providing.

Unfortunately the current stages do not always receive the sacred honor they deserve from a crew chief. Hence, he might even choose to throw away a set of stage points by pitting with two laps to go in order to enhance his ability to win the last stage or what some would call the race. These boondoggles are truly profane dilemmas that is troubling for many. In some cases weaker fans will even need counseling to restore their faith. The RDPF (random double points factor) will put a stop to those disrespectful hyennas acts because every lap and every position matters.

After stage pit stops are done the stage winning drivers crew chief gets to spin the wheel
There are three spots on the wheel
Normal stage points
Double stage points
A bazillion stage points just for youuuuuuuuu!

Or end this stage sh!t all together and award a bonus to whoever leads the most laps, like they used to? I have yet to see any driver actively over drive their car for a stage point, it is a stupid system, that has ruined more races than helped.
I disagree, when drivers like Jeff Gordon admit they ride around for 75% of the race to get to the end so they can win, Change Was Needed. Now drivers can race hard for the first half of the race and make nearly as much points as the winner and to me that "Is A Good Thing".

I disagree, when drivers like Jeff Gordon admit they ride around for 75% of the race to get to the end so they can win, Change Was Needed. Now drivers can race hard for the first half of the race and make nearly as much points as the winner and to me that "Is A Good Thing".

Managing tires and equipment is part of racing, the people that did it best won races.

Managing tires and equipment is part of racing, the people that did it best won races.
Call me old fashioned/death bedder/out of touch but I miss those days. You just never knew when Mark Martin was lurking....then with 50 to go you’d be asking yourself where did he come from

Call me old fashioned/death bedder/out of touch but I miss those days. You just never knew when Mark Martin was lurking....then with 50 to go you’d be asking yourself where did he come from

I enjoy watching that stuff play out over the course of a long race, that is one reason I enjoy Moto-Gp so much, they have one set of tires and it is up to the rider do do the right things.

I enjoy watching that stuff play out over the course of a long race, that is one reason I enjoy Moto-Gp so much, they have one set of tires and it is up to the rider do do the right things.
With the stages now it’s a different strategy which I can appreciate, I just preferred strategy over the course of the race when you didn’t know the “debris caution” was coming. I felt it kept CC’s on their toes more and forced drivers to maybe take care of their stuff (tires/equipment) more deliberately.

These proposals are needed...

1. Four wide starts & restarts

2. For tracks which have road course inside them, nascar needs to install a barrier(safer) which ‘at NASCARs’ control... it will appear, routing any car(s) away from the racing on the oval... they will then run their lap on the road course, at NASCAR’s discretion. No explanation needed.

3. Keeping in line with efforts to keep the racing competitive. Anytime the leader gaps second place by more than 1.2 seconds, research and fan council surveys indicate NASCAR needs to promptly display the yellow flag... all participating drivers must then slow their cars down to pit road speed, line up ‘Four wide’ and prepare for another restart. (see proposal number 1...)

Last edited:

2. For tracks which have road course inside them, nascar needs to install a barrier(safer) which ‘at NASCARs’ control... it will appear, routing any car(s) away from the racing on the oval... they will then run their lap on the road course, at NASCAR’s discretion. No explanation needed.

3. Keeping in line with efforts to keep the racing competitive. Anytime the leader gaps second place by more than 1.2 seconds, research and fan council surveys indicate NASCAR needs to promptly display the yellow flag... all participating drivers must then slow their cars down to pit road speed, line up ‘Four wide’ and prepare for another restart. (see proposal number 1...)
Legal pot in your home state?

Love it. Fans will come back in droves.

Managing tires was never more apparent than at Chicagoland. I don't know how many races this year in all three series there has been hard racing for the points available to the end of the stages. Way more than not.

Of course Dillon is fine with more caution flags and probably the wrecks that cause most of them (especially after a forced caution near the very end of the race) - his grandfather pays his bills, and will buy him another ride if needed...

Of course Dillon is fine with more caution flags and probably the wrecks that cause most of them (especially after a forced caution near the very end of the race) - his grandfather pays his bills, and will buy him another ride if needed...
Could be sooner than later.

could of sworn Geico and Germain racing was paying.

Back
Top Bottom