Good Bye, Brandon, Greg's son --- sad news

Good Evening wildman

Weekend about over hope you had a great one

Hello Brandon, hope you are having a great day today. It is cold here again today. The puppy is still driving me nuts, but I am getting more use to him.
Have decided to make a couple of fairy gardens for two special little girls.
Take care of your mom and dad. Give them a extra big hug from yourself today..

Hello Brandon! Hope you had an awesome weekend and hoping your week will be even better! :D

Beautiful day here in South Carolina!

Hello Brandon!

Hope you are doing well ... I'm listening to the rain right now while on the computer. Love the rain ... should be in bed but I'm too busy rambling the web!

Have a awesome Thursday!

Hey Brandon! Wow, didn't our weather take a turn or what? 70's ... 60's ... tonight it's in the 30's ... :eek:

Hope you have an awesome weekend!

Hello Brandon! Waiting on the race to come on ... been busy at Facebook playing games, so haven't minded waiting on the race. Hope you are having a good Sunday ... nice, pretty day here!

Good Morning! Hope you had a good weekend Brandon! Looks like it's going to be a pretty nice day today ... hope you enjoy yours!

Had a quick thunderstorm come through here earlier tonight ... like to fell off the couch when the thunder let loose! :) Hope you have a good day! It's the first day of March!

Hope you are doing well Brandon!

I pinned this at the top to make it easier for Brandon to find.
Very kind...

I have two 12 hour work days Thursday and Friday, I will try to get Brandon on line Saturday to reply to all the good folks here.

Morning Brandon!

Hope you have an awesome week ahead of you!

Hey Texas Race Lady, From one Texas gal to another - Happy Monday!

Hello everyone

I am doing well thanks for the encouragement. Hanging out with Dad and downloading Music.

Hey Brandon! Hope you are doing well and enjoying the summer! Well ... it will officially be summer in less than 2 hours!

Good Afternoon Brandon!

Another hot one here ... hope you are staying cool!

Friends please say a prayer for Brandon tonight.

Tough times his fever hit 104 around 6pm and he is being admitted to the hospital as a precaution, hoping to avoid pneumonia. He will get an IV, and we will just hope for the best that the meds and rest will be sufficient.

He is at 17 now, and with the diagnosis or MD, it is a tough mountain. I am home myself still recuperating from Thursdays surgery. I am limited because I have stitches in my nose, some drainage and bleeding that he doesn't need to be exposed too. He has a loving grandmother with him tonight, and during times of illness she is his rock and comfort.

I am seldom serious here on the forum, but my boy keeps my eyes moist. He is my baby, I wish I could bear the illness pain and hurt for him, but all I can say is that he is in Gods hands. He is positive doesn't question or get down hearted, I worked to teach to live that way, and now he has that strength to reapply Anderson keep me in check.

Again give him your prayers, he is a good little man my heart and soul, he needs them.

Tough times his fever hit 104 around 6pm and he is being admitted to the hospital as a precaution, hoping to avoid pneumonia. He will get an IV, and we will just hope for the best that the meds and rest will be sufficient.

He is at 17 now, and with the diagnosis or MD, it is a tough mountain. I am home myself still recuperating from Thursdays surgery. I am limited because I have stitches in my nose, some drainage and bleeding that he doesn't need to be exposed too. He has a loving grandmother with him tonight, and during times of illness she is his rock and comfort.

I am seldom serious here on the forum, but my boy keeps my eyes moist. He is my baby, I wish I could bear the illness pain and hurt for him, but all I can say is that he is in Gods hands. He is positive doesn't question or get down hearted, I worked to teach to live that way, and now he has that strength to reapply Anderson keep me in check.

Again give him your prayers, he is a good little man my heart and soul, he needs them.

So sorry to hear the news Greg. I will certainly send some prayers up for Brandon, you and your wife. Keep the faith.

Hey Greg, how is the young man doing?

Hey Greg, how is the young man doing?

Thanks for asking.
He is much better today, they successfully kept his fever in check today. He is now joking and giving the nurses nick names (I don't know where he gets that from).

FTR, Sunday was tough and a battle all day with the fever, and he is still in ICU. But again he is better today.

Prayers and concerns appreciated

Latest update

A mixed forecast. Feverish conditions past 48 hours controlled for most part. Goes from feeling well, cheerful, to struggling.
His lungs not so well, currently completing second contrast x-ray. Has been losing lung capacity at least for a year. I don't know if this is the beginning of the end or not. Still requires 3 suction clean outs per day. Still in ICU. Concerns/prayers appreciated

Brandon most likely will have surgery to insert a feeding tube on Friday. Necessary to prevent Pneumonia , food is entering his lungs. Tough for him accepting, but medical staff have helped calm his concerns, he is understanding better now.

Prayers/concerns appreciated

Thanks

We are the hospital now, Brandon is getting ready to discharge. We couldn't do the feeding tube, he just isn't strong enough for the operation, and I am not going to put him at a risk of being on the ventilator.

Obviously the days are short it is about and Hospice sets up monday. We are getting all the quality time that's left, he is a happy person. He is about to be put in the wheelchair now.

What an inspirational and strong young man you have Greg. Brandon and your family are certainly in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless Brandon, you and your wife.

I'm praying for all of you, Greg. My 18yr old son asked me to tell you that he is praying for him as well. He also will ask his weekly bible study group to pray for you all, as well.

Brandon

Is doing slightly better at home. The staff at the hospital was great, and they ordered up a lot of medical supplies to help Brandon at home.

Things that will help him or assist his breathing. He has had a nurse to attend his sleep times for 3 or 4 years now, and they are RNs and able to provide some targeted therapy too.
The continuous cough remains, and he had a low grade fever on Monday.

We have known the diagnosis for years, and no one in the family has been blindsided. I would be a liar to say there are not some tough emotional moments. But Brandon is comfortable, and that's all we can hope for and we are coping as well as possible.

We knew the quantity, or time was short from the beginning, so we have always stressed the quality. In other words just make the most of the time, and to be as positive as possible. I could fill up a room full of people that I believe would give their good health to him, including myself. But sadly we can't.

So we just have the best time we can possibly have for him and us. The time that remains cant be polluted with stress. We will make it as good as we can.

Brandon has always had a great attitude, easy to love and he still is a cheerful person. I am very proud of him.

Back
Top Bottom