Good Bye, Brandon, Greg's son --- sad news

My Condolences, I know from experience just how hard it is.

My thoughts are with you just remember the good times that's how igot through my dad passing remembering all the goofy stuff he would do made me laugh helped me through a hard time

Hi Greg regrettfully my Dad just passed away at 2.37pm pst today in Vancouver today. Fortunately I arrived here yesterday at noon from New Zealand and my sister came in last night from Ottawa.
It was very peaceful and we are grateful that he isn't suffering any more.

Truly sorry for your loss.
I am thankful that he is no longer suffering.
Take care.

Hi Greg regrettfully my Dad just passed away at 2.37pm pst today in Vancouver today. Fortunately I arrived here yesterday at noon from New Zealand and my sister came in last night from Ottawa.
It was very peaceful and we are grateful that he isn't suffering any more.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers for comfort. †

Greg, my thoughts and prayers are with you. What your going through is hard. I know because I've been there. Brandon this is for you. Hope you don't mind head banging with an old guy.

And one from my Head Banging days

I cant see it on my phone (I think it is an Android thing), but I will make sure Brandon sees it next time he is on the PC.

Today is a good day for Brandon . I am in the post op waiting room.
They put in a feeding tube for him.
For the last 13 months he has survived with a feeding tube in his nose that extended all the way to his stomach.
It wasnt comfortable and his mother and grandmother worked two hours a day maintaining that system and dealing with clogs.
Brandon doesnt complain and remains cheerful.

Based on his diagnosis I really never thought he could withstand the needed surgical procedure to give him a more user freindly tube going to his abdomen.

But he has slowly recovered from last years Pneumonia and the doctors and anesthesiologist gave him the green light.

Surgery went great he is on recovery as I type, will discharge soon and not even have to spend the night.

Prayers Greg. Having a child go through pain sucks.

great news Greg, thoughts and prayers to Brandon and your whole family.

Thanks to all.
Brandon is resting.

hey Greg hope all is still good, been meaning to tell you Brandon is still in my prayers and your whole family as well.

Greg, I had no idea. Just talking to you on here, you seem like a wonderful person and your son is more than likely a reflection of everything fun about you. Hate to hear about this and my deepest sympathies for you and family. Nothing but good vibes sent your way. Take care man and give a big hello from us at R-F. :)

Thanks to all for the kind thoughts and prayers.

Brandon is doing well as possible.
Tough kid.
Still enjoys his electronics.
He now has a laptop, a 9 inch kindle, an IPad, a one touch, a flat screen TV to watch and all of the mentioned devices work on the flat screen monitor as well.

He has a sound bar, bose speakers, and even an old turn table can push the audio thru those speakers.

On a tough day he even has a trac ball mouse that is perfect for browsing in bed.

He has more accessories and blue tooth speakers than I can count, he is hooked up.

He loves simple stuff like the weather and watching the deers out of his bedroom window.

He also has a lot of hawt physical therapist babe's working with him. When they show up, he pretty well wants folks to leave them alone.

Today is a good day for Brandon . I am in the post op waiting room.
They put in a feeding tube for him.
For the last 13 months he has survived with a feeding tube in his nose that extended all the way to his stomach.
It wasnt comfortable and his mother and grandmother worked two hours a day maintaining that system and dealing with clogs.
Brandon doesnt complain and remains cheerful.

Based on his diagnosis I really never thought he could withstand the needed surgical procedure to give him a more user freindly tube going to his abdomen.

But he has slowly recovered from last years Pneumonia and the doctors and anesthesiologist gave him the green light.

Surgery went great he is on recovery as I type, will discharge soon and not even have to spend the night.

So thankful he is doing good. You guys are always in my prayers.. Mickey Buttons and feeding pumps are great. We had one from birth.

I feel kind of bad, never knew about this before, anyways, happy to hear Brandon is back home.

@Clutch , I know this is a few years late, but sorry to hear you lost your dad, I lost mine when I was 18, then I lost my bother about eight years later.

Sorry for the delayed response, very. busy work day.

Overall Brandon is doing well. It is a degenerative disease, so there is a steady decline but still the same he remains cheerful. If you ask him about it, he will say it is my lungs and just a breathing problem, I will be ok.
If you ask him about a recent eye ailment that he is finally recovering from, he will tell you it is ok, I have another one (eye).

And there isn't an ounce of cynicism with those answers, that is his honest point of veiw. When it is all said and done, I know will I have to celebrate his life more than grieving over his life. I will probably fail for a while, but that is what I gotta do to honour the way he has lived his life.

Brandon spends most of his time enjoying nature to the best of his abilities. During good weather he wants to be outside. He has a sun room so that even on cold days, he can still take in the veiw. Sometimes a pack of deers will come near the sun room, he loves taking it all in. He loves watching plants grow, and really has a strong perception of everything going on. He loves pretty girls. He knows who is arriving before anyone else by hearing them, as well as were everyone is in the house.
He has a 10 week old golden retriever that he is enjoying too.

We talked yesterday and he remembered last Easter being in the ICU. He doesn't talk much about those times, he just wanted to say he is stronger this year.

He is on my case to buy a new truck. It has to be victory red silverado. I had one when until he was six years old, and he is sentimental about that truck, it is Non negotiable, it has to be a red silverado 4x4 Z71 like the old one. Somebody ran a stop sign in 2001 and it was totaled. Brandon wasn't in that wreck.

I told Brandon that things were different now, I could no linger lift and put him the new truck for a ride. He has to have his custom wheel chair van now.

But he told me he knew that, he said "I just want you to have that truck for you, dad". So I am in the market.

I couldn't be any prouder of my boy, he is the best, the most selfless cheerful person I will ever know

Back
Top Bottom