Good Bye, Brandon, Greg's son --- sad news

Thanks for taking the time to write that Greg, What a wonderful kid Brandon is. Glad to hear that he enjoys watching nature and has the company of a new puppy.
Post a pic of your new truck soon. The red silverado. :)

Thanks for taking the time to write that Greg, What a wonderful kid Brandon is. Glad to hear that he enjoys watching nature and has the company of a new puppy.
Post a pic of your new truck soon. The red silverado. :)

Searching best buys Will probably do in May, that's the current plan, unless something too good comes along before then.
Probably a 2015 with less than 20k miles. That is new to us.
The 2000 one was a 34k sticker orice, an equivalent today is at least 50k, will go with a low milage one in great condition to eat some of the depreciation.

Searching best buys Will probably do in May, that's the current plan, unless something too good comes along before then.
Probably a 2015 with less than 20k miles. That is new to us.
The 2000 one was a 34k sticker orice, an equivalent today is at least 50k, will go with a low milage one in great condition to eat some of the depreciation.
Yep. Let someone else eat the depreciation. That's what I'd do too.

Brandon's new little buddy, 10.5 weeks old.
He named the Golden Retriever 'Dakota'
IMG_0464.jpg
IMG_0475.jpg
IMG_0461.jpg

Sorry for the delayed response, very. busy work day.

Overall Brandon is doing well. It is a degenerative disease, so there is a steady decline but still the same he remains cheerful. If you ask him about it, he will say it is my lungs and just a breathing problem, I will be ok.
If you ask him about a recent eye ailment that he is finally recovering from, he will tell you it is ok, I have another one (eye).

And there isn't an ounce of cynicism with those answers, that is his honest point of veiw. When it is all said and done, I know will I have to celebrate his life more than grieving over his life. I will probably fail for a while, but that is what I gotta do to honour the way he has lived his life.

Brandon spends most of his time enjoying nature to the best of his abilities. During good weather he wants to be outside. He has a sun room so that even on cold days, he can still take in the veiw. Sometimes a pack of deers will come near the sun room, he loves taking it all in. He loves watching plants grow, and really has a strong perception of everything going on. He loves pretty girls. He knows who is arriving before anyone else by hearing them, as well as were everyone is in the house.
He has a 10 week old golden retriever that he is enjoying too.

We talked yesterday and he remembered last Easter being in the ICU. He doesn't talk much about those times, he just wanted to say he is stronger this year.

He is on my case to buy a new truck. It has to be victory red silverado. I had one when until he was six years old, and he is sentimental about that truck, it is Non negotiable, it has to be a red silverado 4x4 Z71 like the old one. Somebody ran a stop sign in 2001 and it was totaled. Brandon wasn't in that wreck.

I told Brandon that things were different now, I could no linger lift and put him the new truck for a ride. He has to have his custom wheel chair van now.

But he told me he knew that, he said "I just want you to have that truck for you, dad". So I am in the market.

I couldn't be any prouder of my boy, he is the best, the most selfless cheerful person I will ever know
He's an amazing human being and an inspiration.
I'm not sure now that I've ever had a bad day. I'm ashamed for complaining.

Tough day for Brandon, a high fever, and a trip to the ER, then admitted to ICU.
But it could be worse, he is aware and able to talk. He has went to the ER much worse off in the past, unresponsive and with blue fingers and toes. Things are better this time.

But my son that never complains did ask to talk with his grandmother. He got her on the phone, and asked her to pray for him.

If you pray, I am sure he would appreciate it too.

Tough day for Brandon, a high fever, and a trip to the ER, then admitted to ICU.
But it could be worse, he is aware and able to talk. He has went to the ER much worse off in the past, unresponsive and with blue fingers and toes. Things are better this time.

But my son that never complains did ask to talk with his grandmother. He got her on the phone, and asked her to pray for him.

If you pray, I am sure he would appreciate it too.
Absolutely, Greg. Thanks for the update.

Keep Brandon in your prayers. It has been a tough day. Breathing has become very difficult and we will not allow them to do a tracheostomy it just aint going to happen, he doesn't want that either.

He told his grandfather that Jesus is waiting for him the other day.

Brandon is still fighting the good fight, and the sun is coming up.
11 people stayed here and up with him for the all night vigil, a lot of people love him.

Brandon is a great teacher.

Thinking of you, your family and your friends today.

Brandon is still fighting the good fight, and the sun is coming up.
11 people stayed here and up with him for the all night vigil, a lot of people love him.
We're still with ya bud.

Brandon passed away at 11:08 am.

Wow, Greg, I don't even know what to say. Brandon was a very special person. Fearless and selfless.
I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

Oh man. We're very sorry Greg. He seems to have been a very kind and unique person.

Nothing I can say will help you, I'm afraid. Just know, in your heart, that I am so so incredibly sorry, Greg. You are loved here at RF and we will always, always be here for you.

Bless you, your family and Brandon, most of all. Thank you for sharing your stories of Brandon, with us.

Much love to you, Greg.

I'm so sorry to you and your family, Greg. Reading this thread has been extremely eye opening. That kid was an inspiration to say the least. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

So sorry for your loss Greg, my thoughts are with you.

So, so sorry my friend. Brandon was such a brave, caring young man right till the end.
You must be so proud of the young man he grew into.. And it says so much about his parents.

Our thoughts are with you at this difficult time. Good bless, you, your family and friends.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks for all for the kind words and thoughts.

I am more at peace then I expected.
Brandon lived right, he never expressed bitterness. He remained cheerful.
He died peacefully.
But in spite of the his gracefulness, he was the man too.
He was mechanically inclined and had a fun mischievous side.
I will miss him. I am thankful for the opportunity to have been his Dad.

I wish I could do it all over again.

Some souls are too good for this realm.

Im sorry, Greg. We are with you.

Back
Top Bottom