Goodyear continues examination of Kyle Busch’s Daytona 500 tires

Sometimes tires fail because teams set the camber beyond Goodyear's recommendations.
Yes, they do ... usually the right front.

In this case, I believe it was the left rear tire. The camber settings in the rear are set by welding the axle bearing housings to the tubes at angles. The rules for allowable rear camber are NASCAR's and are part of the inspection process(s). No wiggle room.

Yes, they do ... usually the right front.

In this case, I believe it was the left rear tire. The camber settings in the rear are set by welding the axle bearing housings to the tubes at angles. The rules for allowable rear camber are NASCAR's and are part of the inspection process(s). No wiggle room.

Can low psi deliver a desired camber result or help, or are the sidewalls strong enough to be impervious to that kind of thing?
Or maybe even work against desired camber due to roll over?

Can low psi deliver a desired camber result or help, or are the sidewalls strong enough to be impervious to that kind of thing?
Or maybe even work against desired camber due to roll over?
They "squirm" more but camber is unaffected. This is interesting:

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2015/02...regulating-minimum-air-pressure-requirements/

Goodyear has supplied the same tire codes at Daytona since the 2013 July race.

"Low air pressures at Daytona International Speedway are not expected to be an issue because that doesn’t help performance as much. Atlanta, the season’s second race, also might not be a track that sees lower air pressures because of the high speeds and loads. Tracks that could see teams dropping air pressures could be New Hampshire, Martinsville, Kentucky and Auto Club, among others, crew chiefs say."

If Goodyear is as protective about their tires in nascar as they are in drag racing then they don't need any prodding. They have guys at the end of the track inspecting our tires after every run, and when their is a blowout they confiscate that tire immediately and take it back to their lab for further inspections.
Goodyear already takes all the tires back after each race to recycle them, the teams lease the tires , and they are not allowed to leave the track with unused tires( far as I am aware). Not saying Goodyear isnt being proactive about the tire issue.

I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!

kylebu is not nascar-jesus as much as he would like people to think he is.

Nope, that was Jeff Gordon's title. ;)

I actually don't think Kyle has much of a case here. I think he just f**ked up. Blaming Goodyear when nobody else had tire issues wasn't a good look.

I think it is a good possibility he just ran over something and had a tire go down and spun. I don't think Kyle ran out of talent or was at all reckless as it looked like one of them racin' deals to me. In not sure why Kyle didn't just go with that instead of opening up a can of worms and making himself look foolish again.

I think it is a good possibility he just ran over something and had a tire go down and spun. I don't think Kyle ran out of talent or was at all reckless as it looked like one of them racin' deals to me. In not sure why Kyle didn't just go with that instead of opening up a can of worms and making himself look foolish again.
What is it they say about Old Habits?

He's just not very bright.
There is also the Goodyear preliminary finding that the tire was still inflated...:idunno:

There is also the Goodyear preliminary finding that the tire was still inflated...:idunno:
Yeah...... that kinda' deflates Kyle's story.......

just goes to show.... sometimes a person lets their mouth flap before the brain kicks in...... but..... in Kyle's case..... the brain is in neutral almost all the time when being interviewed...... unless he's won the race...... then.... it goes into overdrive ........ it's a wonder to me he hasn't broken his arm from patting himself on the back when he wins a race.....

Blah, blah, blah.......

I am thinking Cry, Cry, Cry is more respresentive of what Kyle said, or whimpered.

At least I don't have to listen to the new Kyle **** anymore. Thank you!

At least I don't have to listen to the new Kyle sh!t anymore. Thank you!

Glad to help. And to be fair the whole thing has been unfair to Kyle.

Samantha probably didnt arrive before the hot mic, to provide the usual counseling/calming effects. To hold his hand and help endure a question.
A total breakdown, and society failed Kyle, Sunday.

At least I don't have to listen to the new Kyle sh!t anymore. Thank you!

Just try to remember that anytime a tire "goes down" it has failed to hold air ! Kyle Busch isn't the first guy to experience this or point it out :rolleyes:

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0630120694507642349-4

Goodyear's analysis and video review of Kyle Busch's tires from Daytona showed both rear tires were up before his spin. Goodyear's Stu Grant met with Busch today to go over what they found. Grant: "The left rear, it goes down when he's hit by the 77 [of Erik Jones]. … It was folded over at the center line, so when the 77 hit it, it knocked the tire off the flange and it dumped the air. He slides down the race track to the apron and the right rear was flat-spotted through the tread, through the overlay, through the carcass and then the tire goes flat. He felt something. Something happened. All I can tell you right now is that it looks like both tires were up when he spun."

Goodyear's analysis and video review of Kyle Busch's tires from Daytona showed both rear tires were up before his spin. Goodyear's Stu Grant met with Busch today to go over what they found. Grant: "The left rear, it goes down when he's hit by the 77 [of Erik Jones]. … It was folded over at the center line, so when the 77 hit it, it knocked the tire off the flange and it dumped the air. He slides down the race track to the apron and the right rear was flat-spotted through the tread, through the overlay, through the carcass and then the tire goes flat. He felt something. Something happened. All I can tell you right now is that it looks like both tires were up when he spun."

Any video of that meeting? #AskingForAFriend(@kyle18fan)

Any video of that meeting? #AskingForAFriend(@kyle18fan)
baby-crying-o.gif

Got to hand it to Goodyear. The way they got the ****years to Kyle early on today, and then indexed Brad K in between with a bad set, to keep Kyle from getting a lucky dog.

Got to hand it to Goodyear. The way they got the ****years to Kyle early on today, and then indexed Brad K in between with a bad set, to keep Kyle from getting a lucky dog.

Bastards. :D

defensive, belligerent, and unable to take responsibility for his mistakes...

Does anyone have a link to an article or video of Kyle Busch's apology to Goodyear? I'm sure he must have apologized after it became clear there was no tire problem. But somehow I missed it. Even Google can't find it...:idunno:

Back
Top Bottom