got a sprint car race in at the burg

J

johnnythunderhead

finally got a sprint car race n at the burg, seems like its been forever. hats off to c j leary for get'n er done. hadn't realized this was his 1st win of the season, but it was, so hopefully there'll be many more to come, now that the monkey's off his back. track was great, only had 20 sprint cars tonite, not sure where they all were, only had 22 at 'the put' (which I'm told rained out) hats off t the burg's track mngmnt for moving things along and get'n the races in before it stormed, they had 4 classes, sprints, e-mods, pure stocks n hornets tonite (which imho was two too many) decent racing, I think Justin grant might'a had something for c j, had he not encountered a near stopped car in turn one while dicing with leary for the lead, hitting it hard enough to put his front end strait up in the air. somehow he was able to keep it goin, but it wasn't the same quick car which had come from mid-pack to 2nd, prior to the above referenced impact. truth is, I like all these non-wing Indiana sprint car racers and I'm always happy to see someone different win, so it was good to see leary win one tonite!

Last edited by a moderator:
finally got a sprint car race n at the burg, seems like its been forever. hats off to c j leary for get'n er done. hadn't realized this was his 1st win of the season, but it was, so hopefully there'll be many more to come, now that the monkey's off his back. track was great, only had 20 sprint cars tonite, not sure where they all were, only had 22 at 'the put' (which I'm told rained out) hats off t the burg's track mngmnt for moving things along and get'n the races in before it stormed, they had 4 classes, sprints, e-mods, pure stocks n hornets tonite (which imho was two too many) decent racing, I think Justin grant might'a had something for c j, had he not encountered a near stopped car in turn one while dicing with leary, hitting it hard enough to put his front end strait up in the air. somehow he was able to keep it goin, but it wasn't the same quick car which had come from mid-pack to 2nd, prior to the above referenced impact. good to see leary win one!

Wow, that is a loooooooong sentence! (just messin' around!)
Sounds like you had a good time! I gotta make it out to that track one of these days!

I heard Puttnamville got rained out. I was up at Montpilier with a friend who was running a midget. 13 midgets there, 17 mods. Car counts and fans were down because of weather. Rained for about 5 minutes during the modified feature, but they kept rolling the track, and the shows only got held up for about 15 minutes. Still got out of there by 10.

Kokomo on Sunday! I'm assuming there should be a good car count for this show.

there's a couple coma's and period's in there, its just hard to see em. I highly recommend a trip to the burg for everyone, its a wide high banked 3/8th with plenty of racing room and with room for some incredible slide jobs, . the track is so well designed that it seems there are nothing but great races and generally close finishes there. the boss group will be there next week to join in with our regulars, last time they were in town we had 39 sprint cars. there's a big usac race coming up at the end of the season too (9-27-14) and the dick gaines memorial on 8-16-14. Please note there's no sprint cars on 8-23-14 (late models instead) and a danged ole rodeo on 9-6-14 (no racing) so make sure to check the schedule 1st.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah kokomo generally has a good car count and excellent track conditions, check their schedule though cause they've got some open dates comin up and have the smack down a usac show that runs three nights in a row comin up towards mid august

Still got out of there by 10.

The races were all finished by 10?! I never knew such a thing was possible at a dirt track! Maybe someday I will get the chance to experience that!

the sprints and mods were done by 9:30 at the burg and they had 4 classes running, you'll need to ask someone else what time the pure stocks and hornets were done/ I see where kokomo has cancelled tonite

Seems like everytime I go to a dirt track i'm very lucky if i am out of there by midnight. I usually go for WoO late models, doesn't take long to get that 50 lap A-Main done when they start it, but the local classes usually drag the show on so much... I wish they would always run that stuff after the big touring series finishes their A-Main...

Back
Top Bottom