GP of Arlington

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
Just heard about this today like everybody else. The Institution of Higher Education that I work at has to be involved in some way - the logistics just don't work out otherwise, considering we share alot of space in the business district and have tight alliances with AT&T Stadium and Globe Life Field. GLF hosts all our commencements and we get steeply discounted Rangers tickets. Our parking lots are also sometimes rented out to the venues if both are active on the same weekend.

With that said, the Entertainment District was built out very smartly. Unlike other street courses, the ED has it's own infrastructure that doesn't directly impact the nearby arteries (Collins St, Interstate 30, Division Street, and Highway 360).

You also have the GM Assembly Plant right next to the Entertainment district, so I'm sure some GM execs like this.

This is my anticipation of the track route. It's a little longer than stated, so maybe they go straight up Stadium Drive rather than adding a chicane with Chapman Cutoff.

Either way, it should be a fun outcome.

Screenshot 2024-10-07 at 7.02.04 PM.png

Something I just thought about. Our campus at Institution of Higher Education is a very broad population of nationalities. There are ALOT of Futbol and Formula 1 fans in the student body, plus we are a dominant Formula SAE school. As such, I wonder if this is a Roger Penske attempt to snag up a chunk of the population that can't afford to go to the F1 race at COTA, and instead bring similar professional-level cars directly to campus.

Hmm.

We had the World Cup at AT&T Stadium a couple months ago and a chunk of Campus (and Arlington/DFW in general) lost their brains. Logistics wasn't bad - they were prepared. But that was an INFLUX of people, and there were FC flags all around the highly-international (see: Engineering Quad and residence areas) parts of campus.

Last edited:
To put that 0.9-mile long ‘backstraight’ into perspective, the frontstraight at Road America is just a touch shy of 0.8 miles. Kinda reminiscent of the main straight at Baku.

Seems interesting enough to me. It certainly has some major braking events/passing zones. The Sochi-inspired sweeper outside the football stadium is also interesting, as is the opening sequence of corners underneath the suites.

Weren't Cowboys fans mad he was "all in" on free agency this year too...
Honestly I don’t think they really did much in free agency this past year. Dak was extended just before the season started, iirc, and CeeDee was a holdout for sometime until he got his extension during training camp.

Honestly I don’t think they really did much in free agency this past year. Dak was extended just before the season started, iirc, and CeeDee was a holdout for sometime until he got his extension during training camp.
I think they should have committed to rebuilding. Zak throws to many playoff interceptions and I am not sure about how disciplined Lamb is with the pass routes.

That was the joke of it, Jerry saying he’s “all in” for free agency and then pretty much just running it back with same players and coaches.

Massive Meh from me as stated in previous posts. It’s a positive they’re in the Dallas/Arlington market and some said a GM Plant is nearby this circuit which is great. I’d be more excited about a new oval race, bummer the logistics of that are not favorable to the series right now.

To say this video gave me *zero* understanding of the circuit layout would be rounding up.
Dude, I basically WORK THERE and I still have only a minimum understanding of the layout.

This has been the talk of campus since it was announced. Nobody at the top is saying anything, but everybody agrees the Institution of Higher Education has to be involved at some levels.

Also, the pit exit blend is going to be really sketchy. Trying to blend at-speed cars with pit-exit cars through a 30ft wide driveway is gonna get ballsy if the situation arises.

Also, the pit exit blend is going to be really sketchy. Trying to blend at-speed cars with pit-exit cars through a 30ft wide driveway is gonna get ballsy if the situation arises.
Looks similar to the exit at Villeneuve and Barber. The cars on track will have come out of turn 1, so they won't be at full speed. On-track cars will be aiming for the inside of turn 2, leaving the outside for blending cars (in theory).

My gritch is it's another layout with a hard 90-degree first turn, a la Portland and Indy. Those seem to always result in lap 1 boo-boos. I hope that apparent flat area beyond turn 1 has room for run-offs.

Looks similar to the exit at Villeneuve and Barber. The cars on track will have come out of turn 1, so they won't be at full speed. On-track cars will be aiming for the inside of turn 2, leaving the outside for blending cars (in theory).

My gritch is it's another layout with a hard 90-degree first turn, a la Portland and Indy. Those seem to always result in lap 1 boo-boos. I hope that apparent flat area beyond turn 1 has room for run-offs.
The pit exit/blend at Nashville was even tighter and surprisingly one of the less problematic areas of the entire circuit. I do think the shadows/darkness from going under the suites could be tricky, maybe also from a spotter perspective, but there should be enough room and slow enough speed through there to blend cleanly so long as you can see properly.

That whole pit complex/main straight is in an existing parking lot, so there should be plenty of room to build adequate T1 runoff there as well.

Okay, what's up with this? And what's a 'Formula SAE' school, oily?
We have one of the highest funded Formula SAE public university teams in the country - nobody other than the director really knows how much, but I've heard rumors of $500,000 + per year goes into the program from various outside donors. Basically puts us int he same bracket as Purdue, USC, and a few others. And Penske has involvement in it, and many FIA teams pull engineers from the FSAE teams.

Back
Top Bottom