Gragson--Concussion

KTMLew01

Team Owner
It was a pretty hard lick. I'm not surprised, but scared that he might miss extended time.

I was thinking in his post crash interview while watching in real time , He had that far away look in his eyes

Seems the spec racecar is still causing driver injuries.

Ask Jerry Nadeau what happened in a very similar crash in a previous car. Noah walked away, Jerry didn't.

Also, there's a fair chance that Gragson is racing this weekend if this injury happened 10 years ago. NASCAR didn't start taking this **** seriously until Dale Jr. sounded the alarm.

Ask Jerry Nadeau what happened in a very similar crash in a previous car. Noah walked away, Jerry didn't.

Also, there's a fair chance that Gragson is racing this weekend if this injury happened 10 years ago. NASCAR didn't start taking this **** seriously until Dale Jr. sounded the alarm.

All of this is true but Nadeau was injured in a Gen4 car the same type or generation that killed a few drivers. That car was much more dangerous than the following COT.

I think a better comparison of the safety of the Gen6 car should be a comparison against the COT only.
I am not out to trash the Gen6, I am just posting for some context.

All of this is true but Nadeau was injured in a Gen4 car the same type or generation that killed a few drivers. That car was much more dangerous than the following COT.

I think a better comparison of the safety of the Gen6 car should be a comparison against the COT only.
I am not out to trash the Gen6, I am just posting for some context.

Always important to remember where we came from and how much progress has been made.

But Dale Jr. retired because of concussions suffered in the last generation of cars, which was the catalyst for increased concussion awareness in NASCAR.

How many brake cooling fans were turned off because cooling duct inlets were taped up to “manage” airflow?
Is that still allowed? I was thinking now they have to put in a requestion and be issued a permit for the specific application.

The young drivers would be better served by a minimum days off after diag'd with a concussion. 30 or maybe 45 days. Nobody "gets over" a concussion in a week or two. Just setting them selves up for what Jr & Kurt have happening.

The young drivers would be better served by a minimum days off after diag'd with a concussion. 30 or maybe 45 days. Nobody "gets over" a concussion in a week or two. Just setting them selves up for what Jr & Kurt have happening.

If NASCAR started doing that, the trolls would come out and say "HURR DURR THE NEXT GEN CAR IZ UNSAFE, NO ONE MISSED TIME IN MY DAY."

I welcome it but the usual peanut gallery would use it as ammo against them.

…and nobody ever gets over multiple concussions. I got mine without being strapped in a racing seat, inside a roll cage. Big difference.

Base playoff eligibility on car / owner points. If a driver has to sit out, the sub can keep the car in the points hunt. That takes care of the waiver question too.

Base playoff eligibility on car / owner points. If a driver has to sit out, the sub can keep the car in the points hunt. That takes care of the waiver question too.

This is already the case. There’s also a Playoffs for the owners points. In fact, THAT is the playoffs that determine charter payouts.

The media focuses on the driver’s playoffs but there is a parallel owner’s playoffs going on.

I guess you could just merge the two.

66f33eff699756553dd99dd8254368d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom