Grainger team behind other RR teams

H

HardScrabble

Not sure why this would be the case. It would seem the team has had ample time to be ready for the early season, something does not add up. From an article in "The Oregonian"

Biffle admits the problems in poor qualifying are from within the Grainger team.

"We are just scrambling to make races," he said. "We are way behind and over our collective heads. Jeff Burton (his Roush racing teammate) was testing Tuesday before this week's race at Atlanta. My guys are still trying to finish our Atlanta car."

He is more upset at not qualifying, than at how it happened.

"I understand the system and the reason for it," Biffle said, "but it doesn't take the sting out of what happened to us."

It dropped him from 19th to 41st place in the points.

"It's a huge hole to have to dig out of," he said. "I'd have been better off if I'd have run and finished dead last."

could be he might not be ready for WC. some teams and guys shine in Buch and never really accomplish much in WC, Jeff green Bush champion WCC ??, Joe nemicheck, David Green both Bush Champs Jr, yea he has won some races but......

It seems to me that it is nobody's fault but their own. I would think that the have all the resources at their fingertips. Maybe they just need different leadership.

The last time Jack had 5 teams in cup it was a HUGE flop!! Just ask Johnny and Chad. I think Jack needs to just keep greg in BGN for a couple years and when Mark gets ready to retire put him in the 6 car. Greg i hate to say could be winning a bunch more championships in the BGN for Jack.
The #16 team is a brand new team, its the truck team that had to do a complete readjustment during the off season so I can see why they might be getting off to a slow start. I just think Jack is in a little over his head once again, We might see a 1998 -1999 season again, where 2 teams struggle and the others do good.

A good point Pettybenson....but a lot of his former divers didnt win:Musgrave,Dallenbach,Benson and Little,and Lepage.

He has had five drivers before----but not of this quality,imo.Biffle dropped the ball last weekend for whatever reason.But he will be back and still likely be ROTY!

At least I hope so! :p

Yeah, I don't think this will damper his ROTY battle to bad.

Biffle is an Idiot and will never be a contender in WC.

He seemed to do very well while driving a few races for Petty Enterprises last year in equipment that isn't as good as Roush.

Yeah...yuck, yuck, yuck...he finshed 13th today & the only better Roush driver was Matt. The other rookies were what? ....23rd, 24th, 36th, 37th & 43rd???

BTW, not sure that he drove for PE? But he drove for APR when Bobby Hamilton got hurt, which probably cost them a provisional at Vegas.

Originally posted by 97forever@Mar 7 2003, 09:48 PM
A good point Pettybenson....but a lot of his former divers didnt win:Musgrave,Dallenbach,Benson and Little,and Lepage.

He has had five drivers before----but not of this quality,imo.Biffle dropped the ball last weekend for whatever reason.But he will be back and still likely be ROTY!

At least I hope so! :p
97... Ted was Jack's second driver on a two car team back in the mid 90's, replacing 'No talent Bach'. Ted was close to winning two races & then had some bad luck...that's racin'.

Ted will win the CTS this year!!!!

Matt has never qualified well either...he has one pole in 3+ years of WC racing.

At least the #16 team won't have to worry about last year's owner points after Atlanta...I believe it goes to this year's current owner's points after today!

Back
Top Bottom