Grammy Awards

I'm not going to watch, its too much of a popularity contest.

The R&B album of the year winner is laughable when two of the other artists (SZA and Childiish Gambino) had superior albums than the winner.

What's with Bruno Mars winning all these awards? His music is decent party music, but that's it. Overrated as ****.

The entire music industry is starting to have the problem country music had ... overvaluing party music.

I've realized my musical tastes are pretty much stuck in 90s and early 2000s country and rock and aren't really going to change from that.

I've realized my musical tastes are pretty much stuck in 90s and early 2000s country and rock and aren't really going to change from that.

There was some legitimately great music last year. Wouldn't know watching that though. Bruno Mars is the most overrated artist of this generation.

I'm glad Jason Isbell won two more Grammys (earlier today in the pre-show), he is the best working songwriter. I wish those categories got more attention than the pop country ones, but Stapleton is as good as it gets in that realm. I've flipped over to the show a few times, but nothing is really grabbing me. I'm sure there were some good moments.

I'm glad Jason Isbell won two more Grammys (earlier today in the pre-show), he is the best working songwriter. I wish those categories got more attention than the pop country ones, but Stapleton is good. I've flipped over to the show a few times, but nothing is really grabbing me. I'm sure there were some good moments.

Kesha stole the show. Her performance will be remembered for years.

Pretty disappointed. The Grammy's have always, in the past, valued genuine music over the crappy party pop music, which is one reason I usually watch. Seems they're going that direction.

No wonder nobody has any originality anymore when **** like Bruno Mars gets all the recognition.

Bruno Mars is talented and versatile, but I agree that he's not reaching for the heights that some others are with their recorded music.

Bruno Mars is talented and versatile, but I agree that he's not reaching for the heights that some others are with their recorded music.

Nobody will really remember that he won these awards though. Kesha's performance was legendary. Social media was completely lit up over that.

That was a good performance by Bruno. I would have liked to have seen Ed Sheeran sing his hit song Perfect, but he wasn't there for some reason. Elton and Miley did a good job as usual.

Nobody will really remember that he won these awards though. Kesha's performance was legendary. Social media was completely lit up over that.

LOL what are you saying?

Nobody remembers grammy winners? Specially artists who sweep?

That's like saying no one remembers champions.

Would have liked to have seen Chris Stapleton perform and accept his awards but the unsolicited political views make these kind of shows appear on my non watch list. If I gave a crap what they thought about today's politics I'd consider tuning in.

Would have liked to have seen Chris Stapleton perform and accept his awards but the unsolicited political views make these kind of shows appear on my non watch list. If I gave a crap what they thought about today's politics I'd consider tuning in.
As I've stated before, I haven't watched any type of awards show, other than Nascar's, in years for the same reasons.

As I've stated before, I haven't watched any type of awards show, other than Nascar's, in years for the same reasons.
Looks like we aren't alone.....

Grammy Ratings Fall From 2017 As Politics Dominate Music’s Biggest Night

With a 12.7/21 in metered market ratings, the Recording Academy’s big hootenanny was also way down from the early numbers from the LA-based February 13, 2017 59th annual show. By way down, I mean a just over 20% decline from last year to what looks to be an all-time low for the ceremony.

http://deadline.com/2018/01/grammy-...inton-bruno-mars-james-corden-cbs-1202272416/

Looks like we aren't alone.....

Grammy Ratings Fall From 2017 As Politics Dominate Music’s Biggest Night

With a 12.7/21 in metered market ratings, the Recording Academy’s big hootenanny was also way down from the early numbers from the LA-based February 13, 2017 59th annual show. By way down, I mean a just over 20% decline from last year to what looks to be an all-time low for the ceremony.

http://deadline.com/2018/01/grammy-...inton-bruno-mars-james-corden-cbs-1202272416/

All my racing fan friends were watching fake wrestling last night.

Honestly, the Grammy's didn't have any buzz this year going in. The Recording Academy has a problem now, and it's not the music -- most of the music I heard last night was pretty good. It's that they don't seem to value genuine music the way they used to. It's like the worst music of the late-90s is making a comeback.

They're entering the phase Nashville is finally starting to exit. I'm actually starting to find myself listening to country music again instead of pop and rock.

Honestly, the Grammy's didn't have any buzz this year going in. The Recording Academy has a problem now, and it's not the music
You are correct sir. An awards ceremony is no place for personal opinions and the fans of all of the award shows are showing their disapproval. As always that is my unbiased opinion.

I don't have a problem with the movies and music that is being produced these days even though I enjoy very little of it. I realize that its the younger generations time to enjoy what they like just like I enjoyed what I liked when I was growing up. It's the way the world is suppose to work. But, if fans don't put their foot down about all of the political views during the awards shows then it is only going to get worse and worse until its out of control. I watch very few awards shows anymore...but when I do and when something political comes on I just use that time to get a snack. I'm finding myself snacking more and more during any of the shows these days. The same thing is happening with all of the late night talk shows.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with the movies and music that is being produced these days even though I enjoy very little of it. I realize that its the younger generations time to enjoy what they like just like I enjoyed what I liked when I was growing up. It's the way the world is suppose to work. But, if fans don't put their foot down about all of the political views during the awards shows then it is only going to get worse and worse until its out of control. I watch very few awards shows any more...but when I do and when something political comes on I just use that time to get a snack. I'm finding myself snacking more and more during the shows these days.
I got news for you ....it's already out of control, hopefully the ratings decline will send a message.

Got news for you, politics has always been a part of art.

I didn't hear people complaining for years when a reality TV show host was going on TV every morning to ****mouth President Obama, or when the CMAs opened up with anti-Obama monologues every year.

And, among people I know, more people tuned in to be offended that the performers don't support "Our great President, TRUMP" than anything.
That's not any news that I didn't already know, but it is getting out of hand. I don't do much reality tv either, but if I did and that host was rattling politics or personal views on a show that I'm tuning in on for entertainment purposes only then I would have been tuning out pretty quick... and it wouldn't matter if I agreed with their view or not.

Back
Top Bottom