Gran Prix of America track in Austin, tx.

blue92

Team Owner
Why doesn't IndyCar have of race on this track. I think it would be a great track, draw for IndyCar and fans.

F1 probably has exclusivity for major open-wheel racing there.

This, plus the IndyCar race at Texas Motor Speedway is the best attended IndyCar oval race after the Indy 500. Gossage has made clear his feelings about COTA, so why would IndyCar piss off one of their few allies?

Plus both series probably don't want their car's performance compared directly on the same track. I doubt an Indycar would come close to an F1 car but if Indycar performance is closer than expected (or have a better a better race) F1 wouldn't like it.

Plus both series probably don't want their car's performance compared directly on the same track. I doubt an Indycar would come close to an F1 car but if Indycar performance is closer than expected (or have a better a better race) F1 wouldn't like it.
Good point as well. I noticed that for the Indy road course race, the Indy infield course is slightly modified from the old F1 circuit, probably to avoid F1 comparisons.

Good point as well. I noticed that for the Indy road course race, the Indy infield course is slightly modified from the old F1 circuit, probably to avoid F1 comparisons.

I think you're probably right, but it's funny that they'd even care. Anyone that does already knows that F1 is a different level of total performance. They just need to make the racing good and no one will care that they're turning 5 second slower lap times.

Why doesn't IndyCar have of race on this track. I think it would be a great track, draw for IndyCar and fans.

I agree. Adding only that I'd like to see more races on dedicated road course circuits in IndyCar. I hate street courses.

Back
Top Bottom