Grand Am/ALMS at Road America

S

SuperTex14

The newly formed GRAND-AM / ALMS Series takes over Road America's 4-mile circuit for what will be the most incredible weekend of sports car racing in the world. Fans will get to see the GRAND-AM Rolex Series VisitFlorida.com Sports Car 250 race on Saturday, Aug. 10, with ALMS presented by Tequila Patron hosting the Orion Energy Systems 245 race on Sunday. Fan activities include an open grid, autographs, tech talks, fan forums, car corrals, and Tour de RA bike event.

http://roadamerica.com/Races/RaceInformation.asp?id=245

DAMN IT I meant to go to this but was busy with other crap this weekend. I didn't know it was this weekend, gosh darnit.

I am hearing from people that were there that it was packed and that traffic getting out of there was terrible.

Doesn't surprise me, RA is in the boonies and very small roads to get back to the highway.

I am hearing from people that were there that it was packed and that traffic getting out of there was terrible.

Doesn't surprise me, RA is in the boonies and very small roads to get back to the highway.
I didn't go this year, but I used to go up there with a girl who's brother lived in Kewaskum, they showed me some of those 'alphabet roads' to get in the back way. There's still only so many ways in or out of Elkhart Lake, probably best to go to Siebken's and wait it out. Part of the local charm in my opinion.

I have the race on DVR but haven't watched it yet, probably get to that tomorrow if not later tonight.

Back
Top Bottom