Grand Prix of Baltimore Presented by SRT

Nice! I got some for the next Nationwide/Cup races at Kentucky in September as well.

The race, for those of you who can't go, will be on NBC Sports Network at 12:30pm EST Sunday afternoon.

And the forecast right now, looking like race weather.

I'm leaving for the race Friday. I'll check in here but you can follow me on Twitter @amarquis32 for updates. I'll be filing for SportsReviewMagazine.com

400832_10151121151899437_354268955_n.jpg

Practice 1:
1) 26 - Marco Andretti 1:21:0211
2) 8 - Reuben Barrichello 1:21.4021
3) 27 - James Hinchcliffe 1:21.7899
4) 5 - EJ Viso 1:22.0750
5) 78 - Simona de Silvestro 1:22.151
6) Tony Kanaan, 7) Helio Castroneves, 8) Will Power, 9) Justin Winson, 10) JR Hildebrand

Dario Franchitti was 12th fastest poverall, OIriol Servia 14th, Ryan Briscoe 16th and Scott Dixon did not take a lap.

I hear they are getting some air off the train tracks

Nice track they have there in Baltimore. LOL

I hope the fans can get a refund for. today.

Nice track they have there in Baltimore. LOL

I hope the fans can get a refund for. today.

They need to be call Brian and Helton in to show them how, I hear the press reporting will be crappy too. Probably be better off watching my three sons reruns, or a Richard Simmons motivational deep thoughts-a-thon on Sunday then enduring such incompetence.

(note to self: wondering if I should create multi threads to express my disappointment and miserys)

Simona de Silvestro is a good sleeper pick this weekend. Even though she was 20th in that practice session, she knows how to get around this place.

QUALIFYING GROUPS

GROUP 1: Mike Conway, Takuma Sato, Tony Kanaan, Ryan Hunter-Reay, Scott Dixon, Rubens Barrichello, Graham Rahal, Charlie Kimball, Alex Tagliani, Simona de Silvestro, Bruno Junqueira, Ed Carpenter.

GROUP 2: Ryan Briscoe, Helio Castroneves, Sebastien Bourdias, Simon Pagenaud, Justin Wilson, James Jakes, James Hinchcliffe, Will Power, Marco Andretti, Oriol Servia, Dario Franchitti, JR Hildebrand, EJ Viso.

Thanks for the great pics and reports. It's cool to see stuff like that.:)

Thanks man. I'm not going to do much more photography this weekend. I am trying to line up some more interviews -- I have Simona de Silvestro, who could be the surprise of the race, tomorrow morning.

Firestone Fast Six: Will Power, Sebastien Bourdias, Dario Franchitti, Justin Wilson, James Hinchcliffe, Simon Pagenaud

Pagenaud is in question after he clipped the wall coming out of the Pratt Street chicane. There are also issues with Sebastien Bourdias' car, it's being worked on now.

Graham Rahal hammered the wall on Pratt Street.

Now, Justin Wilson has crashed. Again, it's the Pratt Street chicane that bites. He went through the chicane a little too fast and got some serious hangtime. Ed Carpenter also got more airtime than a Billy Cundiff FG attempt coming off the Pratt Street chicane.

Tomorrow's IZOD IndyCar Series race will not go to a timed race if it runs long. NBC Sports Network has given the series flexibility and will extend their time window. The race will be 75 laps (no time limit). In other words, everyones' DVRs are gonna be screwed up.

For the record, all the tire barriers did was create something else for drivers to plow in to.

I CANNOT WAIT to hear what Robin Miller has to say about this cluster****.

BTW, I ran in to him earlier and he's actually a nice guy.

Back
Top Bottom