• 1. Current red flag system.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Under caution, like in the past.

• 3. Green, White, Checkers.

• 4. Depends on the track.

• 5. I thought checkers were red and black.

• Total voters
D

Dinoforthe3

Should Nascar bring the Green, white, checker finish to the cup series?

One of the advantages of the race ending GWC is that it wouldn't matter which track they are at. With the red flag, they have too many variables to contend with to make a consistent ruling for all tracks. Tehe only problem with GWC is that the field would just be up to speed when they took the checkers at restrictor plate tracks.

Another thing about GWC is listening to how some of the Cup drivers complain about the red flag being used to ensure a green flag finish, I can't imagine that they would be very enthused about NASCAR implementing a GWC policy.

I like the idea of a Green White Checker. The only problem with that is a gas mileage track and a restrictor plate track.

Therefore, all teams should be allowed to pit for gas first but hold their position.

...and on a restrictor plate track maybe two greens then a white and checker.

:salute:

i'm for a rule that says caution laps do not count. I know it would never happen becaue races at bristol would be 6 or 7 hours long

I said It depends on the track, because a caution at Bristol and a caution at Talladega are very much different.

Green-White-Checker is more trouble than it's worth. If it finishes under caution, it finishes under caution.

I saw the modified race at Nazareth this weekend and there was a caution w/ two laps to go, the green-white-checker rule just led to another crash. Plus then you run into fuel issues, the leader didn't know if he had enough to go all the way, but luckily he did.

Originally posted by DirtyMo1381529@May 19 2003, 01:37 PM
i'm for a rule that says caution laps do not count. I know it would never happen becaue races at bristol would be 6 or 7 hours long
AMAN Borther,

i have been around dirt tolong where the yellow dont count.

Back
Top Bottom