Guy Martin in sensational Honda Racing deal for 2017

Mr Excitement

Team Owner
Thought for sure Guy was retired for good, but the chance to ride the new Fireblade was good to pass up.Welcome back, Guy.:D

image.jpg

Guy Martin has sensationally signed for Honda Racing alongside John McGuinness for this year’s Isle of Man TT. The Grimsby man hasn’t raced the roads since a huge crash during the Dundrod 150 Superbike event at the Ulster Grand Prix in 2015.

He suffered multiple broken vertebrae in the crash and a broken sternum, with the frightening incident raising doubts over whether or not Martin would ever return to the infamous Mountain Course at the TT in the future, or any other race for that matter. However, the 35-year-old truck mechanic and TV star has made a shock move to the official Honda team for 2017 after missing the TT last year, when he took on the challenge of the gruelling 2,712-mile Tour Divide mountain bike race.

Martin is set to ride Honda Superbike and Superstock machinery and the News Letter understands he will also return to the North West 200, Southern 100, Ulster Grand Prix and the Irish National meeting at Armoy, where he has been a regular in the past. Martin said:

Continued--------->>>>>>> http://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/m...sational-honda-racing-deal-for-2017-1-7778380

4 weeks till the start of the IRR season.:D

Guy getting set for Tandragee and Cookstown:

"I want to get as much time on a bike as I can and I want to get back to enjoying racing bikes again. All this winter I’ve been racing on the beach, which has been mega. I didn’t quite get the Tiger on the podium with Nigel Racing Corporation but not far off this weekend. Now I want to get back to road racing. No pressure, just enjoy it. Irish lot are bloody great. I haven’t raced at Tandragee for 12 year and I'd only been road racing 3 years back then. It's bloody hairy, so looking forward to it. Thanks very much for the support - most appreciated as ever.” (GM)
Photos: Honda Racing
#GuyMartin

17505185_10154675610759023_8190871415863541837_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom