Guys...

S

slick-nick

but this is pretty much Matt Kenseth's Championship to lose!
any nay-sayers??

Hes got a Bobby Labonte type championship run going. Staying clean most of the time and racking up top 10's and top 5's.

agreed, but they all seem to hit a bad luck streak at some time during the year.

It is Kenseth's to lose at this point. I think Jr can make up some points at Daytona and possibly the road courses depending on how Jr has improved on them. But I still would not count out either of the former champs Labonte and Gordon.

Both are strong in the second half of the seson traditionally and have much more experience in handling the pressures of a Championship Hunt.

Originally posted by edison18@Jun 8 2003, 10:41 PM
It is Kenseth's to lose at this point. I think Jr can make up some points at Daytona and possibly the road courses depending on how Jr has improved on them. But I still would not count out either of the former champs Labonte and Gordon.

Both are strong in the second half of the seson traditionally and have much more experience in handling the pressures of a Championship Hunt.
Jr will be lucky to finish at the road track,Sorry but it is not his cup of tea. ^_^

This is Matt's to lose yes! Will he lose it? I think so! I think Bobby will continue having a good year and JR will hit a slump and so will Mat but not as bad as Jrs. Bobby will slowly catch up then we will have a good points battle at the end of the season!

Obviously it is Matt's to lose. But will he? I really think it is very possible that he will win it. I still think Jeff Gordon is the most likely candidate for many reasons...experience, road course performance, hitting their stride at the right time as usual, etc.. I also think Bobby Labonte is a serious contender at this point.

Originally posted by pbunch+Jun 8 2003, 11:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pbunch @ Jun 8 2003, 11:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--edison18@Jun 8 2003, 10:41 PM

Jr will be lucky to finish at the road track,Sorry but it is not his cup of tea. ^_^ [/b][/quote]
i figured he'd be a better road racer after winnin at the glen in the busch series..

Originally posted by bowtie@Jun 8 2003, 10:33 PM
agreed, but they all seem to hit a bad luck streak at some time during the year.
Yep, you never know whats lurking at the next race.

It's his to win if he can get 2 or 3 wins; otherwise luck will determine the outcome. Heck, I think Larry Foyt is only what 40,000 points behind-ya never know :lol:

Originally posted by TexasRaceLady@Jun 9 2003, 02:21 PM
It's still to early to call. I might know more after Bristol.
I agree there is some 22 races left. a Lot can happen in 22 races. I don't count out any of the top 10. That like counting chickens fefore the eggs hatch. :D

I thought it would be Kurt Busch's year this year. But after Charlotte, I started thinking Matt has a chance to win it. :booya:

You never know...last year we all figured Sterling was going to win the championship, but then...at Kansas he wrecked and got injured!!! Lets just hope that, that won't happen this year to anyone!

Originally posted by ward22@Jun 9 2003, 09:19 PM
You never know...last year we all figured Sterling was going to win the championship, but then...at Kansas he wrecked and got injured!!!&nbsp; Lets just hope that, that won't happen this year to anyone!
(knocking on wood)

Back
Top Bottom