Haas F1 drops Russian Driver and Sponsor

Putin has been trying to instrumentalize success in sports for his regime, which is why I think the ban of Russian athletes is a good idea.
The FIA didn't even ban them outright but some national motorsports associations did so Marzipan would've missed some races regardless. With the Uralkali sponsorship terminated it was clear that Marzipan would lose his ride.

He will give a press conference on Wednesday but it will be in Moscow so don't expect him to speak out against the war.

Mazepin and his father have been added to the EU’s list of sanctioned Russian individuals (723 and 732).

"Added" Not on the original list? Would love to read the first and second FIA Letter of Commitment.

I have been watching the F1 "Drive to Survive" series on Netflix and just got to the part about the Mazepins and F1 last year. It looks as if it was a real mess for Gunther. The kid would keep throwing temper tantrums if they didn't give him the car just the way he wanted it or if changes the team made didn't work out. He just basically kept behaving like a spoiled brat, going to his rich daddy whenever things didn't go his way.

Daddy, in turn would threaten to withdraw their sponsorship and funds and leave if the kid didn't get his way.

I'm sure Gunther is glad to be rid of them although I don't know where they will get funding from now or if they have found another driver.

Back
Top Bottom