Half Time Show

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
Maybe it's because The Who are from my generation, but I loved the half time show. Who says the geriatric set can't rock! Rock on!

I don't watch the half time show, they never have anything interesting. Now if they let the Mythbusters do the half time show, then I'd watch.

i thought they did a good job. kinda disappointed that townsend didn't smash his guitar at the end. i was waiting for it and it never happened. :(

I guess I am the exception.

Watched the game with the family and we all thought that if you took away the light show and fireworks, it was just boring.

I think they could have done better with someone else up there but then again, the economy is not that good and you get what you pay for. :D

I guess I am the exception.

Watched the game with the family and we all thought that if you took away the light show and fireworks, it was just boring.

I think they could have done better with someone else up there but then again, the economy is not that good and you get what you pay for. :D

Yeah, that and the good ones are all dead and gone. :)

Probably won't be long before I join them.

It's very interesting who liked it and who didn't. Listening to sports talk, you get a good idea from the full spectrum of people. Soul brothers didn't like it and wished there was someone like Aretha Franklin. The hip hop generation didn't like it and wanted any rap artists. The country set didn't like it and wanted someone like Kenny Chesny. BTW, the same kind of responses were heard about Cary Underwood and her singing of the National Anthem. You can't please everyone, no matter who is on the stage and those who don't like them will gripe and moan far longer than they should. I've said that I loved it, but also said that it was probably because they are from my generation and music that I love.

I just with Janet hadnt flashed a titty. Its all been downhill from there. Flipping political correctness.

I thought they did a pretty good job for the most part. I've never really liked the Who, but I really like a few of their songs, Behind Blue Eyes in particular. I could have done without Pete Townsend's pasty white skin flopping out over his waist when his shirt came up when he was winding his arm Elvis style. But for the most part they did pretty well. I thought they were a horrible choice to perform, but they did well with the opportunity.

I read where they "brought the house down", yet I read and hear so many who watched it on TV that didn't care much for it. Maybe it was totally different in person. Of course, sitting in the stands one would not be able to see Pete's belly very well. :eek:

Well I grew up with the Who, they were the music I listened to growing up. Maybe it's just me , but I thought they sucked, they sounded terrible, Roger was off key, his voice cracked and I thought Townshend sounded like just a night club guitar player. I usually don't watch the halftime show kind of wish I didn't this year too.

Back
Top Bottom