Hamilton in Trucks only?

P

pettyfan4life

* Hamilton only in Trucks in 2003? Bobby Hamilton, who is leaving Petree Racing at the end of the season and has not found another ride, said unless something turns up soon, ''I'll probably just drive my truck next year.'' Hamilton said he has had some offers to race second-tier Winston Cup cars, ''but I don't want to do that. At this point in my career, it's not about a paycheck. If I can't be in a competitive car I'm not going to race.'' Hamilton said he has had an offer to join son Bobby Jr. full-time in the BGN next season, ''but I'm not gonna do that. If I can't get a good Cup ride, I'll go race trucks.'' Hamilton fields entries {#4,#8,#18] in the CTS from his Lebanon, TN racing headquarters.(Tennessean)(11-16-2002)

So in other words, he's looking to do the same thing that Musgrave did. If ya can't be competitive in Cup, go have fun in the Trucks. I wonder if he would get near the same results that Musgrave has.

I think so the Hamilton Racing trucks are pretty good. bobby himself has ran the trucks and ran pretty well in them. I think he desision if no cup ride is found is a good one. he could do better with his own truck team that is pretty good than he could with a BGN team that might not be as good.

Bobby will probably do fine in the trucks. He has some good equipment.

If this season is any type of indication, and nothing comes up in the off-season, he will likely get an offer at some point next season. He's a bright enough fellow that he will not let his name completely vanish from consideration for a while yet.

A real smart move on his part. He probably will never go back to Winston Cup because of his age. He should do well in the truck series.

At least he will have a better shot at winning a race then in Nascar There is too much competition in Nascar then there is in the Trucks

Old Cup drivers seem to really like the Truck series. I've heardthey feel a lot like the old Winston Cup cars of the late 80's and early 90's.

I'd be surprised to see Bobby Hamilton dissappear from the Cup scene, and I'm surprised he wouldn't at least want to run with his son in the Busch series.

Back
Top Bottom