Happy Birthday, Dale

Happy Birthday Big Guy!!!

*******Ode to Earnhardt********
There he was,the man in black Watching Michael & Dale Jr. as they circled the track. No intention of winning, just holding his place, So proud of his "boys" now winning the race. We thought it was over, the end was so near. No time for pain; no time for fear. We did not know, as there was no sign, Dale was only one-quarter mile from his final finish line. Within an instant, NASCAR fans would be facing, An eternal change in their world of racing. He was one of the greatest; beloved in his sport, With a grand career now sadly cut short. All the crowd noticed was excitement and debris, But a miracle was happening we could not see. Dale said goodbye through shining metal and chrome, As God gave "NUMBER 3" the checkered flag "home". But forever in our hearts, and in the scheme of things, We'll picture him circling heaven with black and red wings. Grinning; telling angels..and even the Creator, "Look out over there...here comes the "INTIMIDATOR".

**WIPES TEARS FROM EYES***

I betcha one thing. These rookies and younger drivers wouldn't play the games they do if Ol' Ironhead was on the track. ;)

:beerbang:

"If you're not a race driver, stay the hell home. Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up and eat that candy ass."

I can picture him racing Davey, Benny, Lee Petty, Tim Richmond and all the other legends right now in front of God, sitting in that black number 3 with a smirk on his face ready to force a pass. :D

sorry i'm late on this but to my alltime favorite driver happy birthday. and now for your Dale Sr moment of the day, The Winston 1993 in the final sprint to the checkers Dale Sr comes out of nowhere to pass Mark Martin on the outside and claim his third victory in NASCAR's allstar event. his 2 victory tie with Davey Allison lasted only 12 months...

Back
Top Bottom