HAPPY BIRTHDAY- JIMMY CLARK

JW1

Team Owner
He was without a doubt my favorite race driver of all time. I loved to watch him when I was a kid. His 360 degree spin and recovery at the Indy 500 was spectacular. His win in the Indy 500 race in 1965 was my favorite race of all time. He was real class. Very distinguished. And a true gentleman. A big part of the racing world died when he passed away so young, at 32. I think about him with every race I watch. The best complement I ever heard about him was from Colin Chapman: He would have been a terrible test driver- because he could get into any car, no matter how badly it handled, and make it run perfectly. He could adapt to any car. And when he got out, he would say, "Don't touch a thing. It's perfect." I miss seeing you drive and win, Jimmy. God Bless You. You left us too soon.

He was without a doubt my favorite race driver of all time. I loved to watch him when I was a kid. His 360 degree spin and recovery at the Indy 500 was spectacular. His win in the Indy 500 race in 1965 was my favorite race of all time. He was real class. Very distinguished. And a true gentleman. A big part of the racing world died when he passed away so young, at 32. I think about him with every race I watch. The best complement I ever heard about him was from Colin Chapman: He would have been a terrible test driver- because he could get into any car, no matter how badly it handled, and make it run perfectly. He could adapt to any car. And when he got out, he would say, "Don't touch a thing. It's perfect." I miss seeing you drive and win, Jimmy. God Bless You. You left us too soon.

Well written. I never got to see him race, your post makes me wish I had.

Well, done.

Back
Top Bottom