Happy Mother's Day

^ Awesome video. Dale is really good at that sort of thing, so genuine, so caring and humble.

My Mom passed at Thanksgiving time 2013, aged 93, leaving five children, nine grandchildren, and a growing list of great grandchildren. At our family gatherings, her favorite part came after dinner when the guitars and violins and tambourines would come out, plus a trumpet and piano sometimes. Lots of musical talent in the family, and those of us without any appreciate those who have it.

At Mom's funeral, my son David, age 19, sang an awesome rendition of Amazing Grace. His rich bass-baritone voice had that packed church trembling with love and emotion. My brother-in-law Rob played guitar and sang The Other Side of Life. Those of you whose Mother is still of this Earth, please don't squander your time. Cherish your Mom each day.

Wish I still had my Mom. I almost always sent a dozen red roses for Mother's Day. She would carry them outside and walk all the way around the house so the neighbor's could see what she got. Yep... that was my Mom. She was so full of life, a one of a kind character.

Definitely and Kelly Miller looks just like Sr. (facial features of course)

I cannot remember any threads on this board that have ever been undeniably wonderful. This is the one.

My Mom started watching because I started to watch. Every Sunday night, we break down the race. She understands my Toyota passion. She likes Kyle. However, she likes Harvick because one of her lunch friends does. She adores Junior.

Some of the last words my Mother-in-Law said to me...."How did Toyota do?"

2nd mother's day my mom has been gone. I'll be taking flowers to her grave this year. I just couldn't bring myself to go last year.

Hang in there....Thoughts and prayers. Mother's Day #2 for my wife.

A mother's love is one of the sweetest things one can mentally conceive. It is beautiful.

Likewise all of us can try to help someone that will never be able to repay the gift. Maybe somebody a little weaker, more needy.

Nurturing is a beautiful thing.
It is empowering. If your pockets are full but you refuse to help someone, you are still very poor imo.

My seventy-year mother is a straight up bad ass who is very kind and incredibly smart as well. I made her Eggs Benedict and I plan on taking her to the new "Alien" movie who she took me to "Alien 1" when I was 10 years old that scared the **** out of me.:lol2: I still remember her covering my eyes while watching it.:lol2: She had no idea how scary the movie would be, and we still laugh about it every once in while.Props to all the great mothers out there.

Back
Top Bottom