Happy29... come inside

R

RobbyG Fan

Bro how do you do it? Ive tried before but it doesnt come out very well. Any specific programs you use? Techniques? Where do you get the decals from?

Thanks man, NR2003 has been sitting on the shelf for a while since my hard drive got wiped out, but I want to install it again now and begin to play it, if I have the time. But I would also like to try painting a car.

I use Paintshop Pro 7 or higher to attach the decals and paint the car. You can also use Adobe Photoshop available at the Adobe home page. Theres a free trial-version available on www.jasc.com or you can snag a "copy" from Kazaa or any other P2P file sharing program.

The decals are on a transparent background, which basically means they can be put anywhere. Theyre always in .PSD or .PSP file format, theyre never in anything else.

Why do people use PSD or PSP format ? So you can move the layers around when you work on it, you usually cant do this with .JPG or .TGA format. You can also edit the file and continue to work on the layers when you save it. Layers are basically the stuff you put on the car like decals and stuff like that. You can get the decals from www.lanzock.de or www.nascarzone.racesimcentral.com

There are lots of sites which distribute decals and stuff.

There are Chevy, Ford, Pontiac, Dodge templates that come in .PSD or .PSP format. Theyre available on http://www.sportplanet.com/team-lightspeed/ . What templates are, are basically the base layer that you put decals on and stuff like that. Team-Lightspeed has those templates and also they have contingencies.

Lastly, Theres a site called http://raceschemecentral.racesimcentral.com/ where you can get premade layers. Like lets say you want to do Dale Jr or Robby Gordon's car or an alternate, there you could pick up like a layered file (PSD or PSP format) that has already the premade design of their cars, all you need to do is paste it on your Chevy or whichever car make template youre using and then just paste the decals and that's it. It took me a while to get it too, but then when I did then I got somewhat good on painting. It's advised that you use PaintShop Pro or Adobe Photoshop to do this stuff, most car painters use em; the in-game painting program is pretty terrible and I dont recommend using it and you can never do the layers thing in the in-game program I was talking about.

How about putting some of the cars you have painted on here? When I finish mine I will do so. Anyone else with painted cars feel free to join in. :)

20032775111.jpg

I painted this one a while back it's Harvick's 2003 GM Goodwrench Car. It's Hi Res 1024 x 1024

Download the car

I uploaded it through my own FTP.

BTW. Hi-Res cars are becoming a real popular thing among car painters, the default car size is usually 512 x 512 but 1024 x 1024 is double that. Hi-Resolution basically means the car looks more life-like and sharper to view, but takes up a bit more space. To combat it taking more space, just resize the crew texture file to 256x256.

I forgot to type this in the previous post but to import Hi-Res cars into the game, you gotta download a program called WinMip; you can find easily on the net. After making your car, save it as a .BMP and Once in Winmip open it, and change it from .bmp to .mip ; and change the type from 10 to 6. When you download it, you'll find out. Then save your car to the series/cup folder located in your NASCAR 2003 directory.

You'd either save it as card_chevrolet.mip, card_ford.mip, card_pontiac.mip or card_dodge.mip. Then in the game, go to Opponent manage and create a new car. You'll see the car you painted and thats about it. Again, I recommend using Hi-Res cars if you have a good system, or if you can find a way to minimize the file size of the Hi-Res cars.

Hey could you make the #22 CAT Rental Ward Burton car, that he raced at the BUD Shoot out, or do you know a place where I could download one? I have the original, and ACERT CAT car, but not the shoot out car. :)

Back
Top Bottom