Has Denny Hamlin (at age 38) gained a step?

Turtle84

Hail Melon 🍉
He's currently on track for his best career avg finish, and has already tied his highest win mark in the last 7 years. Has HamBone found something? What is going on here?

He has taken some heat, but I have always liked him and have always considered him a good driver. Only 2 winless seasons in the past 15 years is pretty good.

This is getting a bit much.. Bla bla bla lost a step? Gained a step.. fell down? Step brothers 2? Step up 2 the streets? Eric Estep? I think we need to take a step back :D

I'm sure theres a Denny thread somewhere.. and I doubt many of these drivers even use a fitbit to lose.

He has taken some heat, but I have always liked him and have always considered him a good driver. Only 2 winless seasons in the past 15 years is pretty good.
Actually, one. Last year.

To the OP's point, though, he's doing everything he can to fulfill his old promise to Joe that he would deliver a title if Mr. Gibbs was willing to take a punt on him driving one of his cars. It's taken longer than I thought it would after that explosive 2010 campaign, but he's in final four shape right now.

Please. Everyone.
Stop posting threads that ask a question that will only result in a flurry of opinions.
The answer to a legitimate question is easily resolved by a personal Google search.

Hamlin is pushing hard to stay at least one step ahead of another "meeting" with Holy Joe.

I could see Denny getting the title this year and continuing the trend of every elite driver from this current crop of drivers being tied with 1 title lol

If Hamlin wins the title this year he will have tied KB in Championships.
A playoff designed to help Toyota get a championship without earning it.

I think Denny is benefiting from driving the fastest cars out there right now, but I don't think anybody with a brain has ever really questioned Denny's ability, and there WAS a time when the late 30's was considered a driver's prime. The only issue Denny has EVER had is between his ears. Much like Kurt Busch over the years, his ability to be his own worst enemy sometimes overshadows his talent.

Predicting multiple speeding penalties on pit road tonight.

Hmmm, no.

Logano had the least wins of the rest of the championship 4. Harvick, KB, and Truex had more laps led, more poles. And Kyle had more top 5s and top 10s then Logano along with 8 wins to 3. I’m only commenting because the Penske flairs always bash Toyota and downgrade it’s drivers accomplishments, yet strangely didn’t complain when the 4th best driver all year won because of a late yellow due to back marker spinning. It’s the equivalent of the Saints or chiefs being crowned super bowl champs. The NFL threw a late flag so the patriots 10 point lead is erased and it’s time for NFL OVERTIME. This is the equivalent of nascars format.

I think this regardless of who wins the title btw

Logano had the least wins of the rest of the championship 4. Harvick, KB, and Truex had more laps led, more poles. And Kyle had more top 5s and top 10s then Logano along with 8 wins to 3. I’m only commenting because the Penske flairs always bash Toyota and downgrade it’s drivers accomplishments, yet strangely didn’t complain when the 4th best driver all year won because of a late yellow due to back marker spinning. It’s the equivalent of the Saints or chiefs being crowned super bowl champs. The NFL threw a late flag so the patriots 10 point lead is erased and it’s time for NFL OVERTIME. This is the equivalent of nascars format.

Be honest -- is your protest all because daBiff never won a Cup Championship?

I think this regardless of who wins the title btw
Kyle this and Kyle that. I'll tell ya what Kyle did, he lost the championship race, they choked.

Kyle this and Kyle that. I'll tell ya what Kyle did, he lost the championship race, they choked.

I 100% agree with you on that point. My dislike of the format is regardless of who wins it. I wouldn’t mind as much if the blabbering monkeys didn’t beat us over the head with it every pass during a race

They all choked at Homestead except Logano's team IMO. Harvick had some goofy setup that the longer he went the slower he was, Truex was pretty much the same setup, Kyle never was a factor except for some desperate pit strategy, It wasn't one of the better races of the season except if you were a fan of the irony of teams outsmarting themselves IMO. Neither are many super bowls, prize fights, etc.

Please. Everyone.
Stop posting threads that ask a question that will only result in a flurry of opinions.
The answer to a legitimate question is easily resolved by a personal Google search.

Why? It's a discussion board, and Denny is on pace to have one of his best career seasons, the first 2 sentences are facts. Y'all don't want to discuss why that may be, then you're not forced to. The title was a joke obviously, but Hamlin is not this year.

What thread on here is not chalked full of opinion? And, no I cannot gather opinions from members here on the topic with a Google search.

Why? It's a discussion board, and Denny is on pace to have one of his best career seasons, the first 2 sentences are facts. Y'all don't want to discuss why that may be, then you're not forced to. The title was a joke obviously, but Hamlin is not this year.

What thread on here is not chalked full of opinion? And, no I cannot gather opinions from members here on the topic with a Google search.
Calls for speculation. :D

Back
Top Bottom