Has Michael McDowell (at age 36) gained a step?

JJ_14

Go Briscoe!
This is actually a Michael McDowell appreciation thread. It's just that the gained/lost a step threads never get old.

Michael McDowell is currently sitting 16th in the standings after 14 races. That's not a typo folks. He's dragging a top 25 car on a weekly basis & putting it in the top 10. The guy is infront of Matt DiBenedetto & Kurt Busch in the standings & right there with Tyler Reddick, Christopher Bell & Chris Buescher.

This guy is getting the most out of his equipment & then some. To put into perspective how ridiculous he has been, his teammate with the same equipment in Anthony Alfredo is sitting 29th in the standings.

At this point, I'm starting to think this guy could thrive in a better ride. He has two top 5's & 5 top 10's. Plus a pelthora of top 15's as well.

He's having such a good season that even without that 500 win, he'd be contending for a playoff spot on points. Well, he'd be close, & that's a heck of an achievement.

Congratulations to Michael McDowell on the crazy good season he's having. He's getting every single inch of his equipment & then some @ every single race. The true definition of overachieving.

I'm a fan. He's my new second favorite driver after Chase Briscoe. I love when underdogs do well.

Last edited:
Shoutout to McDowell. Somehow, he has surpassed last season in terms of stats with a grand total of 11 top 10's. That's mighty impressive. Front Row has come a long way, people forget they were Rick Ware of the early 2010's.

More top 10's than William Byron & Denny Hamlin, two juggernauts.

Shoutout to McDowell. Somehow, he has surpassed last season in terms of stats with a grand total of 11 top 10's. That's mighty impressive. Front Row has come a long way, people forget they were Rick Ware of the early 2010's.

More top 10's than William Byron & Denny Hamlin, two juggernauts.

Yeah, but where is he currently at in the playoffs? Oh yeah, he's not!!

Totally kidding, but you just had to include Byron, didn't you!?!? 😓

Kidding aside, I really appreciate Mcdowell and what he's able to accomplish with that team. He's also a good person. Just a guy who seems to really enjoy what he's doing and really appreciates the opportunity to get to do it. Just always in a good mood. Glad he's been having some good runs.

I just realized that after making this thread, McDowell didn't get a single top 10 the rest of last year. I might've jinxed him. Hoping I didn't do the same this season.

Yeah, but where is he currently at in the playoffs? Oh yeah, he's not!!

Totally kidding, but you just had to include Byron, didn't you!?!?

Kidding aside, I really appreciate Mcdowell and what he's able to accomplish with that team. He's also a good person. Just a guy who seems to really enjoy what he's doing and really appreciates the opportunity to get to do it. Just always in a good mood. Glad he's been having some good runs.

Except for 2020 All Star Race. Dude straight up took Bubba out

Back
Top Bottom