Have you seen how well games recreate the races?

X

xtreemgmr84

My 14 year old cousin is into video games. He has this game called Gran Turismo 3 that I was watching him play the other day and you wouldn’t believe how much it is like watching an actual race. I had no idea how realistic these things are now. Same with his football games; the announcers, the sounds, the visuals, ~ all of it. I tried to play, but I was terrible at it. I read about this game coming out called R. Racing Evolution (http://www.racing-evolution.com/) that is supposed to be even more realistic than that other one. If you read the site, you can actually communicate with the pit crew and the other drivers in this one. I think the rival drivers are supposed to act more realistically too. Anyways, I had no idea how sophisticated these simulated races are nowadays. I’m tempted to go and get a game console so I can feed my racing fix even during the off-season! Are there people here who knew about this already? Maybe you can recommend me a good racing game to get my cousin for Christmas. That R. Racing one looks good to me, but I don’t yet have a basis for comparison.

Oh, okay ~ thanks! Well, hopefully now that it's been moved there will still be enough people around here to offer me some suggestions. So far I'm rather impressed with the screens for this R:Racing Evolution game coming out;

gcRacingrev3.jpg

rRacinggc_070103_12.jpg

rRacinggc_070103_05.jpg

Looks like a pretty good game. I love playing Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec for one, and I cant wait until Gran Turismo 4 comes out in I believe November or December

Back
Top Bottom