Heavy Handed Mod or did Nascar buy this message board? POLE

Heavy Handed Mod or did Nascar buy this message board?

• Just a Heavy Handed Mod

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Nascar bought this message board

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

Madman88

Crew Chief
Is anyone else noticing negative comments towards Nascar are being removed at a rapid pace? like just poof, the post is gone with no explanation?

I've even had the low rating I've given the races removed from the rate the race threads..

Is it just me. I'm okay if it is, it won't hurt my feelings. It's almost flattering that someone doesn't even want my voice heard :) I matter that much to them LOL

Tin-Foil.jpg

Absolutely 100% NASCAR bought this board and has released shills to defend it while the mods aren't here. It's been covered already.

The only thing I have noticed is when @Johali poked fun at me, all in good humor, for putting up a Rate The Truck Race thread for the Kansas race, out little back and forth was taken out. Did not think much about it, but, now that you mention this, it was peculiar since it was all in fun. :idunno:

The only thing I have noticed is when @Johali poked fun at me, all in good humor, for putting up a Rate The Truck Race thread for the Kansas race, out little back and forth was taken out. Did not think much about it, but, now that you mention this, it was peculiar since it was all in fun. :idunno:
I enjoyed harassing you a little though. :D

Is anyone else noticing negative comments towards Nascar are being removed at a rapid pace? like just poof, the post is gone with no explanation?

I've even had the low rating I've given the races removed from the rate the race threads..

Is it just me. I'm okay if it is, it won't hurt my feelings. It's almost flattering that someone doesn't even want my voice heard :) I matter that much to them LOL
I’ve lost some. They were too snarky.

You have that “skill”.

Well everyone knows I'm a shill and get paid big bucks to come on here an put the kibosh on the haters but much to my surprise NASCAR is deleting my posts!

I'm going heavy handed Ghost Mod because NASCAR favors Toyota all of the time, and I am obviously pro-Toyota. So, they would have no reason to delete me. However, I am getting paid handsomely for every post I sneak through without getting nailed. It's a wonderful life until you get sand in the keyboard.

Hmmm.....so there's a trick to getting just the right balance in shilling for Yota and NASCAR? And you've found it???? Care to share the info? I need tutoring so as not to have my shilling deleted. I'm a NASCAR hack, and proudly admit it.

Nobody would call you a name if you kept this forum in the proper perspective, and came here more often and explained your reasoning the way TRL did. The is not the social etiquette council. There has to be a line, but you are drawing it WAY TOO FAR on the side caution. If you think ANY of the posts I made not related to you were over the line, then you are clearly not the person for this job. I am one of the TAMEST people here, and I have NEVER went off on another forum member.
So what is "proper perspective"? You don't agree with the user agreement?

We've been here a long time. Nothing has changed! People sitting on the edge of their beds trying their best to stink up a thread has always been here.
Their posts being deleted is still the same! Then them coming back complaining is to be expected. Again! Nothing has changed!
Betsy

Evidently, this moderator condones attacking and bullying while coming down hard on seemingly innocuous posts, or, he/she wasn't moderating at the time Ian was run off.

Yes: fabulous.

Thank-you for offering this free site for people to post on.
Ignore the ones who don't appreciate it, or think that they should be allowed to do whatever they want with it.
Go ahead and delete them - I doubt that true fans will miss them.
Yep.

So what is "proper perspective"? You don't agree with the user agreement?
Yep again.

We've been here a long time. Nothing has changed! People sitting on the edge of their beds trying their best to stink up a thread has always been here.
Their posts being deleted is still the same! Then them coming back complaining is to be expected. Again! Nothing has changed!
Betsy
Hell yep. 7 years for me, this time.

No --- don't have the time to be here around the clock. I work odd days and hours. At times, all I can do is take care of reported items.

Just for reference:

upload_2019-5-20_10-36-6.png

No --- don't have the time to be here around the clock. I work odd days and hours. At times, all I can do is take care of reported items.

Just for reference:

View attachment 40400

Well, as far as I'm concerned, I have NEVER violated the terms of service rules (other than picking on you) and yet I've had several posts not related to heavy handed moderation deleted. If ANYONE here can show me where I crossed a line, I would be more than happy to discuss it. Perhaps if the posts were edited instead of deleted, some of us could figure out where this imaginary line is, because I am honestly befuddled at what does and does not survive here. As I said, I don't believe I have EVER crossed the line, but obviously you see it differently.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, I have NEVER violated the terms of service rules (other than picking on you) and yet I've had several posts not related to heavy handed moderation deleted. If ANYONE here can show me where I crossed a line, I would be more than happy to discuss it. Perhaps if the posts were edited instead of deleted, some of us could figure out where this imaginary line is, because I am honestly befuddled at what does and does not survive here. As I said, I don't believe I have EVER crossed the line, but obviously you see it differently.

There are those who think their's doesn't stink, I'll give ya that much :cool:

I think I can help --- sometimes it isn't your post that causes a removal. It may be a post that you quoted that contained demeaning remarks. The quote could be removed, but then your post may not make any sense in the thread.
She does not offer this site. Credits go to @fury
Absolutely. And it goes back even further --- fury got the forum from Sam Curry who bought it from the originator, Paul.

But she and others donate their time to try and keep it a decent place to come and talk racing. Without them this place, like the others, would have been long gone.
This place doesn't garner enough attention to warrant a “wild wild west” board without moderation. Theres not enough people to attract enough trolls to ruin the place.

This place doesn't garner enough attention to warrant a “wild wild west” board without moderation. Theres not enough people to attract enough trolls to ruin the place.
Opinions. Mine is that they're already here.

There are those who think their's doesn't stink, I'll give ya that much :cool:

It's not that at all, it's just that I also participate in other forums on other topics that are moderated more tightly than this one, and I have no problems there. I may be extremely opinionated and strident at times, but I don't make a habit of attacking fellow members on internet forums.

Well, old sport, it seems obvious that people with the authority to do so decided that on a few occasions, you in fact did just that. It’s their call to make.

You survived to post and complain another day.

Well, I think they were wrong, and I don't see a problem pointing that out. Decisions without context help nobody. As far as I'm concerned, you have insulted me multiple times on this forum. One, you don't see me make a big deal about it, and two, I did not respond in kind, which kind of makes my point. Even when I feel I have had cause, I have tried to honor the standards here, which is why some of the decisions made by the moderators leave me scratching my head.

It's not that at all, it's just that I also participate in other forums on other topics that are moderated more tightly than this one, and I have no problems there. I may be extremely opinionated and strident at times, but I don't make a habit of attacking fellow members on internet forums.

I would recommend a thicker skin, or in other words, don't take yourself too damn serious. Works for me anyway.

Back
Top Bottom