HELL FREEZES OVER: Bowman Gray actually penalizes drivers for acting like clowns

Is it hell freezing over, or all part of the show? Checked the BGS modified points. Post-penalty, Brown and Burt are now 4th and 5th in points. Before it, they were 1-2 with a 35 point gap to third. Nothing to drum up a little excitement like tightening up the points chase, where have we seen that before?

I also love that they are on probation "concerning any action taken towards each other." So if Lee Jeffreys decides to take a run at one of them after getting screwed out of a win for their shenanigans last week and it turns into a demo derby, that's totally not a violation of probation!

I talked to some of the Modified guys (who are not part of BGS show) on Reddit. Honestly, they hate BGS, one of them call it the XFL of racing.

I talked to some of the Modified guys (who are not part of BGS show) on Reddit. Honestly, they hate BGS, one of them call it the XFL of racing.

Everyone that doesn't go there hates the circus, but, Bowman Gray still has the largest car counts in the region every single week and still packs in 15,000+ fans every single week. Unfortunately, they're the king and always will be king. I just hope Ryan Preece comes down and waxes their asses again in the NASCAR Whelen Caraway Tour race at BGS.

by the looks at the crowds they pull in, maybe other tracks should jump on the band wagon, who wouldn't want a full house every might?

by the looks at the crowds they pull in, maybe other tracks should jump on the band wagon, who wouldn't want a full house every might?

Yea, who wants actual, real racing, **** that noise! Let's replace it with single groove "racing" where the only way to pass is to wreck someone. Oh, and if you get mad, don't worry you can turn your car into a weapon and act like a total jackass after the race, wrecking one another like a bunch of inbred idiots.

People won't come for the races, they'll come for the drama and the wrecks, but at least you got a packed house. Who cares if you don't sell racing anymore, all that matters is that everyone makes mad money.

I swear, greed is going to kill this ****** sport.

Tim Brown quit, vowing that he'll never race at Bowman-Gray again... although he's said that before and come back. But if he stays out the rest of the year then you'll only have Myers to watch trying to come back in the points. Promoter Gray Garrison will probably lure Brown back, again.

Bowman-Gray is fortunate to be located in such a highly populated area - it is able to replace race fans who get disgusted and don't return. And there are quite of few of those. You can take your kids, but don't sit along the front stretch (especially near the flag stand) unless you don't mind your kids learning some foul language and manners.
You can get sponsorship because of the big crowds / media coverage / dense population, but you'll spend most of that money repairing damage every week.

"...they're the king and always will be king..." can't say I agree with that - they had the same show but empty stands from about the late 1980s until the late 1990s. I don't know how they turned that around, but I've got to hand it to them for doing it. The promoters have done a lot of other things (beyond the XFL style drama) to fill the stands, too. So while I wouldn't recommend other tracks do everything Bowman-Gray does, they could learn some things about promoting.

big time wrestling with wheels/ kind of surprises though those pavement mods are kinda pricey to be playing demo derby with? keepin you grandson away, are you kidding? kids love this kinda crap!

Then he says to Suzie in school, "I wanna (expletive) your (expletive).

Exactly. Then he gets suspended from school and has two days while mommy and daddy are at work to watch more BGS fan videos and learn new ways to question his classmates' ancestry and threaten to rearrange their faces. It's a vicious cycle.

I'm having way too much fun with the perversion of our future generations' minds via short track racing

Back
Top Bottom