Hell Tour 2017

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Looks like Hell Tour 2017 is commencing early this year. :eek:

March 18th: Southern National Motorsports Park -- Kenly, NC
March 19th: Caraway Speedway -- Asheboro, NC
March 25th: South Boston Speedway -- South Boston, VA
March 26th: Franklin County Speedway -- Callaway, VA
March 31st: Martinsville Speedway -- Martinsville, VA
April 1st: Martinsville Speedway -- Martinsville, VA
April 1st (possibly): Langley Speedway -- Hampton, VA
April 2nd: Martinsville Speedway -- Martinsville, VA
April 7th: Wake County Speedway -- Raleigh, NC
April 8th: Southern National Motorsports Park -- Kenly, NC
April 9th: Franklin County Speedway -- Callaway, VA

You want the Hell Tour? That name's already taken:

Northern Kickoff
June 15 Wednesday Brownstown Speedway Brownstown, IN
June 16 Thursday Kankakee Co. Speedway Kankakee, IL
June 17 Friday Cedar Lake Speedway New Richmond, WI
June 18 Saturday Cedar Lake Speedway New Richmond, WI
June 19 Sunday Wilmot Speedway Wilmot, WI
Heartland Tour
June 20 Monday OFF
June 21 Tuesday Jacksonville Speedway Jacksonville, IL
June 22 Wednesday Farley Speedway Farley, IA
June 23 Thursday Spoon River Speedway Canton, IL
June 24 Friday Tri-City Speedway Pontoon Beach, IL
June 25 Saturday Fairbury Speedway Fairbury, IL
June 26 Sunday Tri-State Speedway Haubstadt, IN
Southern Tour
June 27 Monday OFF
June 28 Tuesday Clarksville Speedway Clarksville, TN
June 29 Wednesday Belle Clair Speedway Belleville, IL
June 30 Thursday LaSalle Speedway LaSalle, IL
July 1 Friday Fayette Co. Speedway Brownstown, IL
July 2 Saturday Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55 Pevely, MO
July 3 Sunday Lincoln Speedway Lincoln, IL
Independence Week
July 4 Monday OFF
July 5 Tuesday Daugherty Speedway Boswell, IN
July 6 Wednesday Peoria Speedway Peoria, IL
July 7 Thursday Macon Speedway Macon, IL
July 8 Friday Farmer City Speedway Farmer City, IL
July 9 Saturday Highland Speedway Highland, IL
July 10 Sunday Quincy Raceways Quincy, IL
Champions Week
July 11 Monday OFF
July 12 Tuesday Plymouth Speedway Plymouth, IN
July 13 Wednesday TBA
July 14 Thursday Merritt Speedway Lake City, MI
July 15 Friday Oakshade Raceway Wauseon, OH
July 16 Saturday Oakshade Raceway Wauseon, OH

Most of the dirt tracks only run on Saturday nights too.
Rolling Thunder did try to run on Fridays, but they did almost no promotion - and can't figure out why they weren't drawing.

Most of the dirt tracks only run on Saturday nights too.
Rolling Thunder did try to run on Fridays, but they did almost no promotion - and can't figure out why they weren't drawing.

With the exception of County Line and Wythe, it doesn't seem like any of the dirt tracks in this region draw. Meanwhile, there are 22 asphalt tracks and 17 of them run on Saturday nights.

When I lived up that way, I always wanted to go to Rolling Thunder but never knew if they were open or if they were running or what. On top of that, that track is out in the middle of nowhere, even by Southwestern Virginia standards.

I wish asphalt racing was more like dirt racing in general. From racing more than one night a week to their limited practice.

Asphalt races are two day shows just for your average weekly race because drivers need 8-10 hours of practice for a 50 lap race. Last year, one of the tours actually postponed a race to Sunday afternoon so they could practice on Saturday after the Friday afternoon practice was rained out. This is never okay, in my book.

Both County Line and Wythe make efforts to promote. Could do more, but they do a lot more than other tracks in the area.
I haven't been to County Line, but Wythe does a pretty good job of keeping the show going and consistently enforcing rules. I hear County Line is also good at those.
Even when Rolling Thunder was open nobody was quite sure when. It was only about ten minutes from Mt. Airy NC, but with no promotion hardly even the locals knew where it was.

The paved tracks in this area aren't any better at promoting - except for Bowman-Gary, who kills it. And their strong crowds - despite terrible racing - proves it.
When people ask me about tracks within an hour or two's drive, they've never heard of any of them except Bowman-Gray (and Martinsville, since it has "Winston Cup". Yes they still call it that around here).
I even get that response at the go-kart races - and those are people who are heavily interested in local racing.

Both County Line and Wythe make efforts to promote. Could do more, but they do a lot more than other tracks in the area.
I haven't been to County Line, but Wythe does a pretty good job of keeping the show going and consistently enforcing rules. I hear County Line is also good at those.
Even when Rolling Thunder was open nobody was quite sure when. It was only about ten minutes from Mt. Airy NC, but with no promotion hardly even the locals knew where it was.

The paved tracks in this area aren't any better at promoting - except for Bowman-Gary, who kills it. And their strong crowds - despite terrible racing - proves it.
When people ask me about tracks within an hour or two's drive, they've never heard of any of them except Bowman-Gray (and Martinsville, since it has "Winston Cup". Yes they still call it that around here).
I even get that response at the go-kart races - and those are people who are heavily interested in local racing.
You going to County Line this weekend? Ulitimate Super Late Models and South Eastern Dirt Mods.

I remember when the hell tour was like 28 races in 30 days. Now they take Mondays off. I miss having a Summer Nationals race at Paducah and Calvert City. But Paducah has not had a big super race in a while and the state closed Kentucky Lake in Calvert for the damn ramps and interchange for I69 & 24

You going to County Line this weekend? Ulitimate Super Late Models and South Eastern Dirt Mods.
Sorry to respond so late. Got tied up with a (dare I admit it?) electric car show. Yeah, just 'cuz I like race cars don't mean there isn't some room for electrics too.

I hope to get to County Line later this year. It's a long drive for me, but I hear enough good things about them to think it's worth it.

Back
Top Bottom