Help - Storing diecast cardboxes in cold/hot attic???

Wings on sprints or no wings.

• Winged sprints safer but faster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no wings more dangerous but slightly slower

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
M

Marly McDonald

I've recently been buying diecast 1/18th sprints, 1/16 NHRA and 1/24 NASCAR cars on ebay. The boxes take up a lot of room and I'd like to store mine in the attic above our garage, attached to house on two sides but gets cold (North Dakota) and hot up there. Can cardbord in 3 mil plastic bags store OK in this environment or???

PS as we get older (like me), we eventually die off and soon, even now, we are seeing a lot of diecast collections being sold off by widow, collector's children, etc, who know little of their value and there are some really great prices out there, but some wild ones too.

Since I can't afford a classic car (or have space) I've collected several 1/18 die cast cars that I'd like to own. The quality of these cars is very good.

Hey Zerkfitting, if you're serious about starting a collection, then ebay is a great resource to check out. There's old Minichamps CART diecast on there all the time, you have to be careful though because unfortunately alot of people who have these cars for sale do not seem to realize that they are adult collectibles. I once won an auction on a 31 Marlboro Unser Jr road car & the idiot shipped it wrapped in bubble wrap so when I got it, the rear wing was broken. Make sure if you go that route that the seller has the original box or something suitable.

Same happened to me Restrictor Plate King. Purchased for little $$, a 1/18th Cadillac 24 hrs of LeMan/Daytona, Northstar diecast. Came wrapped in bubble wrap in too small a box, rear wing broke off. Didn't even bother to complain, just epoxyed it back on, looks fine, was so cheap, couldn't complain.

Back
Top Bottom