Help Wanted: BOLD Prediction Thread Administrator

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The racing-forums.com game known as the BOLD Prediction Thread is in need of someone to assume the duties of starting up this year's game along with keeping it up and running through the end of the racing season.

The game has been on the board every year since 2011 through several permutations, assorted caretakers, and always a different winner every year, as follows:

2020 - 37.5% - @be9ak7ts16 - Chase Elliott wins his first Cup title

2019 - 37.2% - @LewTheShoe - At least one 2019 Cup winner will fail to make the playoff field

2018 - 47.6% - @Snappy D - Matt Kenseth is driver of the #6 car by the 2nd half of the year

2017 - 56.1% - @SlicedBread22 - No Chevy's in the Final (Championship) Four

2016 - 43.5% - @Zerkfitting - Tony Stewart will win a race this (2016) season

2015 - thread lost due to the short term crash and burn of the racing-forums.com board

2014 - 72.5% - @Wrangler1 - HMS (5, 24, 48, and 88) WILL NOT be among the final four eligible for the title

2013 - 47.2% - @BobbyFord - Matt Kenseth will get 5 wins in the JGR #20

2012 - 50.0% - @FenderBumper - Brad Keselowski wins 5 or more races

2011 - 46.2% - @dpkimmel2001 - Paul Menard will win his first Cup race with RCR in 2011

These links to the 2020 game are provided to enlighten anyone who might be interested in stepping up.

NASCAR 2020 - Bold Prediction Thread

NASCAR 2020 - Bold Prediction Thread - The Vote

Thanks in advance . . . .

If it comes down to the last minute and we need someone to do it I will, but I don't want to be the first volunteer as I'm trying to go back to school and work 56 hours a week.

To date, two individuals have stepped up to help running the game so perhaps it could be a group effort.

Just to be clear, this is what management of the game involves:

- Creating a thread for prediction submittals and monitoring that thread to ensure that the predictions aren't too cumbersome to verify as true or false.
- Recording the acceptable predictions on a spreadsheet that's posted on the thread after the submittal deadline.
- Periodically "researching" the predictions throughout the season to see which may have been proven true or false. (This can wait until the end of the season if so desired.)
- Updating of the spreadsheet at the end of the season to show which "proven to be true" predictions are eligible to be voted upon as the most BOLD prediction.
- Creating a thread poll listing the predictions eligible to be voted upon.

That's it !!!

If it comes down to the last minute and we need someone to do it I will, but I don't want to be the first volunteer as I'm trying to go back to school and work 56 hours a week.
Thanks for stepping up to the plate. I will run the spread sheet and if some thing happens to this old man you can take it over. OK with you????

Lets get this show on the road ladies and gentlemen. As in the past the first to make a specific prediction owns it. I will start it off with:
Bubba won't win a cup race in the new #23 Toyota in 2021
Did Y'all see what I did there?

Allmendinger and Briscoe both win a Cup race.
If a second prediction is allowed, Deegan wins a truck race.

It will be announced that Bristol will be reconfigured by the end of 2023

Please make your prediction in bold or ALL capital letters. Thank you.

I WILL COPY THOSE POSTES ALREADY MADE TO THE NEW THREAD.
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED FOR MAKING PREDICTIONS. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATE.

No seconds, make it all ONE prediction or first sentence ( should be in bold)
is it.
ok just checking. The first sentence is fine. Also sorry about the bold etc, my first year being a member for it. Will look for new thread.

Brad Keselowski wins the Daytona 500

Back
Top Bottom