Hendrick Motorsport News

Hendrick Motorsports will be the center of attention at Martinsville, where Geoff Bodine’s victory in the spring of 1984 kept Rick Hendrick from closing down his first-year operation because it was taking more money and resources than Hendrick had anticipated. But the victory, the first for Hendrick in the NASCAR Cup Series, kept the company afloat and Bodine went on to win twice more that season.

The rest, as they say, is history. Hendrick Motorsports is now the winningest organization in the Cup Series.

All four Hendrick Motorsports drivers will all have special ruby red paint schemes at Martinsville Speedway. Jeff Gordon and Bodine are the co-grand marshals. Rick Hendrick is driving the pace car ahead of the Cook Out 400.

Hendrick Motorsports will be the center of attention at Martinsville, where Geoff Bodine’s victory in the spring of 1984 kept Rick Hendrick from closing down his first-year operation because it was taking more money and resources than Hendrick had anticipated. But the victory, the first for Hendrick in the NASCAR Cup Series, kept the company afloat and Bodine went on to win twice more that season.

The rest, as they say, is history. Hendrick Motorsports is now the winningest organization in the Cup Series.

All four Hendrick Motorsports drivers will all have special ruby red paint schemes at Martinsville Speedway. Jeff Gordon and Bodine are the co-grand marshals. Rick Hendrick is driving the pace car ahead of the Cook Out 400.

No pressure. Can't wait.

Chase Elliott's visit on the DJJ was super insightful.

People have kinda given him crap for seeming disinterested. And in a roundabout way, he addressed that.

To those who didn't watch... Chase pointed out, and implied that he's missed out on educational/academic experiences. His motivation for learning to fly/becoming a pilot was to "supplement the fact that I didn't go to college", and to basically challenge himself intellectually.
He also said that if he isn't doing something that challenges his thinking, or challenges him intellectually, he'd rot away.

To his point, some people just have an intellectual and academic itch that needs to be scratched. And if they're not learning about subjects from smart people, or being challenged intellectually, something is missing from their life.

Chase's interview seemed to heavily imply that. He sounded almost regretful that he didn't get to go to college, or have a sort of formal education. Flying is scratching that itch.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chase Elliott's visit on the DJJ was super insightful.

People have kinda given him crap for seeming disinterested. And in a roundabout way, he addressed that.

To those who didn't watch... Chase pointed out, and implied that he's missed out on educational/academic experiences. His motivation for learning to fly/becoming a pilot was to "supplement the fact that I didn't go to college", and to basically challenge himself intellectually.
He also said that if he isn't doing something that challenges his thinking, or challenges him intellectually, he'd rot away.

To his point, some people just have an intellectual and academic itch that needs to be scratched. And if they're not learning about subjects from smart people, or being challenged intellectually, something is missing from their life.

Chase's interview seemed to heavily imply that. He sounded almost regretful that he didn't get to go to college, or have a sort of formal education. Flying is scratching that itch.

I wish Chase would just start posting here at RF. It would be so educational for him and change his life.

IDK and then we would get the Burton gerbil to analyze him.
Apparently Burton Gerbil is leading the driver charge to Goodyear to advocate for a better product.

Don't know why.

It was a good interview. He more or less confirmed my theory on what's been going on with that team the last year+. In 2022 HMS hit the ground running with nextgen and Chase's old way of driving the old car was good enough, but as time went on and teams began to wrap their arms around the car, it began to suit his driving style less and less. Sounds like he's been really going to work to adjust that and I think that's shown a little already this year. I found it interesting that he and Kyle Busch have shared some conversation about struggling with the same things with this new car, and we know the talent Kyle is.

Also the whole idea that Chase was disinterested and didn't want to be there was always nonsense. He's 28 with many hobbies and plenty of cash, he could go off and do whatever he wants to make himself happy. The fact that he HAS taken his own time to race in so many other disciplines to try and get better the last 2-3 years clearly proves he wants to race more than anything.

Back
Top Bottom