Hendrick Motorsports 2022

There is no pecking order. All HMS teams are afforded the same opportunity with the same equipment. There's no R&D team, there's nobody who gets more resources/testing than the others, there's nobody getting hand-me-downs or leftover used junk while someone else is getting the latest and greatest parts and pieces. All four teams are 100% equal on paper. The difference is in the people, the ability, the fit, the chemistry.

Now, as far as the talent is concerned, that can be extended to the CC and the personnel on each crew. But let's not act like certain teams have restricted budgets or get neglected compared to the others. If Gustafson retires tomorrow, do you think they are moving Cliff Daniels to the 9 team? I sincerely doubt it.

There is no pecking order. All HMS teams are afforded the same opportunity with the same equipment. There's no R&D team, there's nobody who gets more resources/testing than the others, there's nobody getting hand-me-downs or leftover used junk while someone else is getting the latest and greatest parts and pieces. All four teams are 100% equal on paper. The difference is in the people, the ability, the fit, the chemistry.

Now, as far as the talent is concerned, that can be extended to the CC and the personnel on each crew. But let's not act like certain teams have restricted budgets or get neglected compared to the others. If Gustafson retires tomorrow, do you think they are moving Cliff Daniels to the 9 team? I sincerely doubt it.
This is the reality.

Can't help myself O/T. The preacher jerked the whole pit crew away from Kyle Busch in the playoffs this year (another disrespect) and gave them to Bell. Things went well until the last money stop in the last race when Bell had a chance to win the Cup and kaBam karma came around and a crewman got his finger tied up in the pit gun.

I think there probably have been a few changes when the late rounds of the playoffs come around, but nothing drastic though.

Yep, and that happens with everyone, because it's smart. Swapping pit crews late in the season to help a teammate seems pretty common.

Now, the smaller teams with limited resources? Sure, there might be a pecking order. A team like Spire concentrating most of their efforts on one car, or a scenario like 2016 when Buescher won at Pocono and Front Row got some help from Roush for the 34 team. But when it comes to Hendrick and Gibbs and Penske and so on, it's silly to think there's any sort of pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom